Chemical Engineering Fall 2014

teerav42

Thanks a lot buddy. Congrats on MIT! Your list of acceptances is impressive. I believe that whatever the decision for me is, it is for the best. Really hope that I'll get in UCSB (big fan of California lol), but if not I'll play with the cards I'm given :D.  

I just heard from MIT this afternoon -- it looks like they are just finishing up their decisions. Good luck to you all!

Hey guys,

Did anyone hear back from MIT regarding the PhD CEP program? I don’t know when we should receive an email for the interview with Sloan (if we have any)…

As for Yushish, how come you received an answer on Sunday, which is supposed to be a day-off for the staff at MIT?

Thanks for the help. 

I was really confused by NC State's essay prompts. Their personal statement asks you for your qualifications, aspirations, experience etc. And then they have this optional supplemental essay that asks for very similar things. Was the supplemental essay geared towards fellowship considerations or what?

I go to NCSU currently for undergrad. I don't think they're near done with applications. A lot of the guys on the panel were also responsible for matching grad students and assigning TA and that only got completed a week ago.

I'm not sure if Stanford has sent out all of their acceptances yet, but the grad program administrator told me that all travel plans must be finalized by February 3rd (they must pre-pay for hotels and stuff) -- so my guess is that they will not accept anybody after that date.

Hey guys,

Did anyone hear back from MIT regarding the PhD CEP program? I don’t know when we should receive an email for the interview with Sloan (if we have any)…

As for Yushish, how come you received an answer on Sunday, which is supposed to be a day-off for the staff at MIT?

Thanks for the help. 

Furthermore, has anyone heard anything about the MSCEP program? I noticed the first acceptance so far posted on the results search today, but curious if other people have heard but not posted their result.

Has anybody heard back from Penn State yet?

On 1/28/2014 I emailed Penn State about the status of my application.  Their response was

"We are in the early stages of reviewing applications right at the moment.  The faculty member is currently going over all applications.  I would assume we will be notifying candidates within the next few weeks regarding their status."

Hope that helps

On 1/28/2014 I emailed Penn State about the status of my application.  Their response was

"We are in the early stages of reviewing applications right at the moment.  The faculty member is currently going over all applications.  I would assume we will be notifying candidates within the next few weeks regarding their status."

Hope that helps

That absolutely helps! Thank you.

You guys have insanely high GPAs! Anyone here apply to Cornell? 

I gradded from McGill Univ. in Canada, where a 3.5+ in chem eng. is unheard of.  In fact that's probably the weakest part of my application, as academic misconduct is rampant at McGill.  With a 3.1 GPA, and excellent recommendations from my former employer and someone whose son I used to tutor and a good one from my professor what chance would you say I have at Cornell and Oregon State U for an MS?

My SoP was coherent and focused on the area I want to research and my GRE was a 163Q (much lower than expected), 161V.  Roughly would I be ruled out for either school? Do I stand a chance??

You guys have insanely high GPAs! Anyone here apply to Cornell? 

My GPA was pretty decent, but since I came from a no-name school, I think my research experience and recommendations were what really pulled me through. So I wouldn't rule it out yet. Hope this helped - good luck!

Purdue ChE is sending out their first round choices this week. Visit is in early March I belive. Second wave will go out sometime after the visit.

Good luck to all you applying and making decisions, I was in your shoes last year.

What was your GRE score and GPA?? Publications??

Hey everyone,

MS&E applicant checking in. Has anyone here applied to UC Davis's Chemical and Materials Sci Eng. department? If so, has your application status changed on their website? Mine still shows that all my materials have been received (transcripts, GRE scores, etc), but no indication if my application has been sent to the adcom for review and a decision.