Notifications

comicline865

Greetings,

Could anyone who went through the process last year (or knows someone who did) chime in with some information for me?

PhD applications in classics are due anywhere from Dec.3rd - mid-January. Is there any way to know when to expect notifications, either as to acceptance/rejection or interviews? What should one anticipate?

Stanford, e.g., says it will "notify candidates by Feb. 1st." I'm wondering something similar is true of other programs (though Stanford's application is due almost a month earlier than some others)--or whether even Stanford is likely to make that date.

Thanks in advance.

The results search is probably the best way to find out what specific schools have done in the past.  In general, though, I think February is as early as it gets.  Depending on how first round offers go, waitlisted candidates can receive notifications as late as April 15th and sometimes later.  The last time I applied for graduate programs (in a different field), I heard from schools from late February to late March.

• 2 weeks later...