Chances of getting into an MSW program?

mswhopeful30

I know this is a commonly asked question, but I could not seem to find anyone that fit my stats. I am a psychology major and social work minor with an overall GPA of a 3.03 (but a 3.43 for the last 3 semesters). The reason it is lower is due to some health issues my first two years, which I outlined in the personal statement. I have a few months of volunteer work at the Boys and Girls Club, an upcoming full time, month long internship at a social services center, and a 20 hour per week senior practicum which is also at a social services center. I am almost positive that my recommendations are strong, unless my recommenders secretly have hatred for me they do not show. I am applying to early decision for almost all of the schools.

The schools I am applying to:

Simmons College

BC

BU

Smith College

Radford University

George Mason University

Catholic

Wheelock College

So I know my GPA is definitely less than perfect but I have so much passion for this field and I feel that I did a good job outlining that in my PS.

What do you think my chances are?

Hi! I'm not sure if that answer is sarcastic because this is one of the stereotypical "chances" posts, but I meant for it to be more of a discussion between me and others who are in the same situation/can help. I'll go back and edit my original but I was looking for more of a dialogue because it is a stressful situation (as you all know). Thanks!

I am still laughing at the 30% response.  Love it! 

As to the original poster, I have no idea what your chances are.  So far I have applied to Berkeley and to Rhode Island College.  I am trying to get everything together for BU.  The only school on your list that I am familiar with is BU.  What were your guidelines for selecting your schools?  They all seem to be East Coast. Do they have a particular bent that interests you?  For instance, my priorities were geographical (as I am older and want to stay and live where I earn my MSW) and whether the research interests of the professors at the schools matched my own.

I don't know if this helps, but I applied to an MSW program with similar stats a decade ago.  I was not admitted then, but that year I took a graduate MSW course as a "graduate student at large" and continued working full-time in the field.  When I applied to the same school a year later, I not only got in but I also job a scholarship.  

I think it would not hurt to apply.  If it doesn't work this time around, applying again later with some work experience might do the trick.