OMFG

monkeefugg

wtf do you mean 'less relevant'

moron

Ummm, first of all don't call people names.

Second of all, this is a site about graduate school and graduate school applications. So, this unfortunate mistake in UNDERGRADUATE applications isn't all the relevant. Similar things on a smaller scale have happened in graduate admissions, but this thread didn't mention them.

Well that certainly answers my question.

I got a rejection from one school about a week ago. Then suddenly today I receive an email congratulating me on my acceptance and giving me student ID information. Guess now I should keep on mourning... :(

Well that certainly answers my question.

I got a rejection from one school about a week ago. Then suddenly today I receive an email congratulating me on my acceptance and giving me student ID information. Guess now I should keep on mourning... :(

I'd call and ask what's up, just to be sure. Who knows.

if you think the mere fact that the story pertained to undergraduate admissions renders it 'irrelevant' to this forum, you ARE a moron

don't tell me not to 'call people names'

You are missing the point and being immature.

There are various cases of this happening in graduate admissions that could have been posted here. Or the OP could have said something, anything, about graduate admissions in the original post. But, as it is, it's entirely about undergrad admissions, which is not what this site is about. Sorry if wanting to stay on topic in a forum other than The Lobby makes me "a moron" in your view.

Like what NYU did today?

2/19:

Thank you for your interest in NYU Wagner. We appreciate the time and care that went into the application for admission that you submitted. Each year, we are fortunate to receive a significant number of very strong applications from motivated and talented students like you. After a careful, thorough review of all such applications, it is with regret that we inform you that we are unable to extend an offer of admission to you at this time.

4/1, 5:00 PM

Congratulations! We are delighted to offer you a place in the Fall 2009 class at NYU Wagner.

Your admissions package is being mailed out and will arrive shortly. You admissions packet will contain an admissions letter with specific information regarding your admission and the admitted student handbook. While it makes its way to you feel free to read through the online version of the Admitted Student Handbook at http://wagner.nyu.edu/admissions/accept ... 20Handbook.

4/1, 5:30 PM

We have become aware of a clerical error that may cause some confusion. Many of you were previously informed by our office that we either were unable to offer you admission at this time; or we offered you a place on our wait list. The letter you received today via email was sent in error. We recognize the impact of this mistake and extend our sincere apologies and deepest regrets. Unfortunately, your previous decision is final and must remain. For those of you who wish to remain on the wait list, we intend to be in touch with you in June.

LOL. If I wasn't in to my first choice school, I would be very pissed indeed.

Like what NYU did today?

2/19:

Thank you for your interest in NYU Wagner. We appreciate the time and care that went into the application for admission that you submitted. Each year, we are fortunate to receive a significant number of very strong applications from motivated and talented students like you. After a careful, thorough review of all such applications, it is with regret that we inform you that we are unable to extend an offer of admission to you at this time.

4/1, 5:00 PM

Congratulations! We are delighted to offer you a place in the Fall 2009 class at NYU Wagner.

Your admissions package is being mailed out and will arrive shortly. You admissions packet will contain an admissions letter with specific information regarding your admission and the admitted student handbook. While it makes its way to you feel free to read through the online version of the Admitted Student Handbook at http://wagner.nyu.edu/admissions/accept ... 20Handbook.

4/1, 5:30 PM

We have become aware of a clerical error that may cause some confusion. Many of you were previously informed by our office that we either were unable to offer you admission at this time; or we offered you a place on our wait list. The letter you received today via email was sent in error. We recognize the impact of this mistake and extend our sincere apologies and deepest regrets. Unfortunately, your previous decision is final and must remain. For those of you who wish to remain on the wait list, we intend to be in touch with you in June.

LOL. If I wasn't in to my first choice school, I would be very pissed indeed.

NYU, this is terrible! Who are the ad wizards that came up with this one?