ProjectLead's Letter not on official letterhead

DeeD

Hey,

I have asked for LORs from 2 former professors and my former project lead. 

But my project lead, having now left the organisation, cannot give me the letter on the company letter head. 

Is that okay ? 

Very few places use "official letterhead" anymore. That was actual gold embossed, calligraphy, and dye-sub pieces of paper that they'd stick into a printer and print the letter onto. That rarely happens anymore and an "official letterhead" from anywhere might legitimately be a simple default template from a word processing application.  It's an antiquated hurdle to keep people from blatantly making their own letters up.  I wouldn't worry about it in the least.

Nearly every professor I know uses official letterhead for their letters (in multiple fields).

Is it real letterhead..? Or something using a template froma  wordprocessor..?

Did they order the paper from a printer, or did they print it on the paper themselves..?

I'm not trying to just be snarky, I honestly havent seen official real letterhead in years and printing/paper is one of my hobbies.

Edited by Loric

I was under the impression that the OP is talking about having a letter on a plain document background versus the official letterhead of the university? (Be that PDF version or actual paper).