Harvard DrPH

dr_hopeful

Sure. I don't like to say too much because I don't put too much stock in what the stats mean - but I will say that I have an undergrad degree in biology and some graduate coursework but no graduate degree, plus several years of international work experience in public health and some experience in US hospital setting. Based on last year's cohort it seems to me they are looking for a wide range of different types of people so it's a little tough to decipher!

Good luck with the interview environment&health. I have not heard anything yet. My admissions info in the portal still says under review, so I guess I have not been rejected yet.

Hi beardedbaby,

Have you heard anything from Harvard yet? Interviews are supposed to happen from late January to Early February but I haven't heard anything yet.

Nothing on my end. I did have multiple conversations with faculty in the late fall. Never really know if the interviews are a formal element to the process or not.

Best of luck.

I got an email invite to interview via Skype with a DrPH Admissions Committee member next week! It's a really short time frame, and I wasn't expecting to hear back on a Saturday morning, but I'm not complaining :)

Hi,

Would you mind sharing what kind of questions they asked during the interview?  I am interviewing with them this week and just wanted to get an idea of what to expect.

Thanks

hi all - fellow lurker here, have my interview this week!

Hi global health9,

May I ask when did you get your invite? I wonder if it is an ongoing process or if all the interview invitations are sent by now!

Hi Everyone,

I am new on this forum and I thought I share with those who are interested that all Invitation letters for DrPH program at Harvard have been sent out. 

You will be receiving a rejection/acceptance letter in end of February/First week of March. 

It is fair to assume that if you did not receive an invitation letter to interview by now, you will most  likely be receiving a rejection letter from the program.

Please feel free to contact the program/admissions directly to verify this information.

All the best!

**information received from contact with program and admissions at Harvard

Edited by Jeff2012

That's interesting -- I emailed to ask about my status and got a different answer yesterday:

"DrPH interviews will be scheduled in the upcoming weeks, and decisions will be sent shortly thereafter-between the middle and end of February.

Thank you for your interest in the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health."

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All..  I am late entrant here. I also got interviewed on 10th Feb.  Has anyone heard from Harvard? Based on last years timings, we should start hearing about the results anytime now. Just wondering if the admissions team has started reaching out to the applicants.

I have not received my rejection notice yet....I was hoping to hear soon just so I could know for sure. I thought about contacting admissions but it sounds like a few of you already have. Thanks for posting the info!

Edited by S1B

I just called the HSPH admissions office and the person I spoke with indicated that those of us who received interviews should hear back in the "next five business days". Hopefully we hear back soon, good luck to everyone!

Congratulations, GlobalHealthFoodie! I emailed them a couple of days ago, and got a reply saying that applications are being reviewed and I will have a decision by mid March. Looks like I hav'nt made it.... most people who were accepted would have found out by now.

All the best to you :)

Thank you, HappyGoat! It's not clear whether the DrPH program has rolling admissions or not. I'm an international student so may have been informed earlier due to all the preparation needed to be there before July.

I called Admissions and they told me they allowed 2 people to defer last year due to extenuating circumstances. Also, some people (like me) may choose not to go especially if the financial support is insufficient, so if you had an interview, it could be that you're wait listed ?!

Hey, Happy Goat, I am an international student too, from India. I am doing my masters in Biomedical research here in the U.S. I am interested in applying for the Dr.PH program at Harvard. Do you have an Idea as to what they are looking for in their potential candidates. Also, could you please elaborate on your interview. Thanks!!

I get the feeling that they are looking more for experience. And also looking at a diverse mix of students. I am a veterinarian working on infectious zoonoses, so my interview was mostly about my work. It was more of a discussion, lasted about 30 min. All the best to you!

Edited by HappyGoat