Harvard DrPH

dr_hopeful

Have you checked Harvard's website? I was admitted (for a Master's) and received no notification at all, found out by checking the website.

Edited by Sabrosura

It seems that last year they didn't notify anyone about rejection until Mar 6 or so... I had an interview but at this point I'm assuming rejection. Although if anyone who was admitted wants to turn it down I bet that would free up a spot!

Does anyone know how likely it is to be considered for another program if not admitted to the DrPH? I called admissions but they said it is up to the whoever reviews the applications. I was hoping to get passed to another program since I won't be in the DrPH.

Still says under review for me as well. I wonder what is taking so long. It just gives me a false sense of hope that I still might have a chance. Haha.

Has anyone had trouble accessing the log-in?

You have only 5 log-ins with the password they sent you via email then you have to change your password or else you cannot log in. 

Go to manage your account on the log in page. That is where you can change your password. 

If it doesn't work, send an email to the help desk. They are prompt and efficient because I had an issue as well until they helped me change my password. 

Good luck and please post your result when you know.

Still haven't heard a peep. 

Still no update. Website says under review. I am wondering whats up.  Last year, all the results were out by this time!!

I am presuming no one else has heard anything from Admissions office so far?

I'm in the same boat as some of you others: interviewed mid-February and website says "under review". Has anyone heard about a timeline for decisions? My interviewer said last week of Feb, first week of March. Assuming rejection at this point, but I'd like some closure. 

Does anyone know how likely it is to be considered for another program if not admitted to the DrPH? I called admissions but they said it is up to the whoever reviews the applications. I was hoping to get passed to another program since I won't be in the DrPH.

I actually emailed someone from admissions about this because I wa s wondering the same thing. When I had first applied I asked if my application would be forwarded to the MPH program if I did not get accepted to the DrPH program --they said that basically if the admissions committee felt I would be a better fit for another program, they might forward it. I followed up about this in late February when I had not gotten emailed for an interview and was told that I would not know if my application got forwarded unless I wa s accepted into that program. So, I assume that means if my application was forwarded and I got rejected from that program as well, I would not actually know.

As far as what everyone else has said about hearing back, I'm still waiting and still have the dreaded "your application is under review" message in my portal as well. I'm also assuming rejection, but would really just lke to at least know :/ Has anyone reached out via email to inquire about a decision?

Hi Everyone - just got an email that I'm on the wait list, which is actually better than I was expecting at this point. They said the committee will reconvene in late May to fill any spots that open up if admits turn them down. Anyone else in this position? I'm assuming it's pretty unlikely that they will take anyone or that the person would be me, but who knows! I have a couple other great options so I think I will get excited about those but stay on the waitlist to see what happens.