Does anyone know of good MSW programs Oregon or NY?

MSWkillah

I see a lot of people posting about NYU I am not sure their prereq requirements though or GRE 

Check out the website cswe.org and go to the directory of accredited programs, you can search by state (make sure to specify Masters and not Bachelors) then they will show you the schools in those states and you can visit the websites to see the requirements.  That is how I decided where I was applying.  Good luck 

I'm not sure how much finances are a part of your decision, but I have heard that Hunter College (in NY) is relatively inexpensive, but fairly selective.  Also, I have heard that Portland State University is relatively inexpensive, but also fairly selective.  PSU's deadline is 1/15.  Not sure of Hunter College's deadline.  Also not sure what their entrance requirements are (as far as GRE or pre-req's).

I got into both SUNY and PSU. I opted not to go to either, but I can speak to it's affordability as an out-of-state student. If cost is an issue (such as cost-of-living and tuition), I would closely look at cost-of-living in NYC schools--even Portland can get spendy.

There is only one MSW program in Oregon, and it is at Portland State University. Because it is the one and only in Oregon it is pretty competitive to get into the program. From what I can tell (I was going to apply there before I moved) it is a good generalist program with great ties to the community. The possibilities for fieldwork are endless.The other good thing about PSU is that it is easily accessible by public transportation, which is important since the campus is downtown with hardly any parking. Rent prices in Portland are somewhat steep, but they are still lower than Seattle or San Francisco, and they go down a bit in the suburbs (I would look at Beaverton or Tigard). Good luck!