Peabody at Vanderbilt, Fall 2014

birdy-bear

@jackinstyle Huh you have an interview next week? PM me if you want to chat about preparation and all that. Are you chatting with the faculty early for some reason? Feel free to answer that in the PM if you don't want to put that all out in public!

A few hours ago, I received an acceptance to the M.Ed. program in Child Studies with a 2/3 Peabody Honors Scholarship! I couldn't be more thrilled. :D Did any other M.Ed. applicants hear back today? I'm continuing to cross my fingers and send good thoughts to all you Ph.D. candidates!

i also just got admitted for the masters in higher education! so excited :) anyone else planning on attending the Master's Student Visit days on Feb.21-22?

Thinking about it! I may see where else I get in and then decide where to visit. Do you know if they will send any more info on any scholarships? Or should I assume I didn't receive any if it wasn't in the letter. 

So happy for everyone's acceptances! But I'm totally dying waiting to hear from my program. Giorgia, I will definitely be going to the visit days if I am admitted! Would anyone be willing to share more about how you found out? Email, or if via website how/ where it was posted? It would be great to know what to look for!

Thinking about it! I may see where else I get in and then decide where to visit. Do you know if they will send any more info on any scholarships? Or should I assume I didn't receive any if it wasn't in the letter. 

I have no idea :/ There was no mention of scholarships in my letter either. I don't know if that just means we will get notified later, or i just didn't get any.

I'm still waiting on the other schools I applied to as well before making my decision, but I'm still planning on visiting :)

I got into the M.Ed InternationalEducational Policy and Management

I received an email to check my application.  I received a Deans Tuition Scholarship which was in the acceptance.  

Good luck everyone! 

So happy for everyone's acceptances! But I'm totally dying waiting to hear from my program. Giorgia, I will definitely be going to the visit days if I am admitted! Would anyone be willing to share more about how you found out? Email, or if via website how/ where it was posted? It would be great to know what to look for!

I still haven't gotten an actual email. I just checked the application page and there was a notice that said there had been an update made to my application. You should log in to the application website and check!! In my experience, the admissions decisions have always been posted on the application page/website before the actual emails go out. Good luck! :)

Hi everyone :) I got into the International Education Policy and Management M.ed program. No scholarship mentioned on my acceptance page tho, it's still very exciting news. I'm an international student, so probably have no chance to visit the campus in Feb. Plz update some info :))) Thnx a lot!!

Edited by YAMADA611

lastminutegal, I see that folks were admitted to the Special Education M.Ed. program, and there's still no change to my application status either. It's driving me crazy, waiting without knowing what's going on! My partner keeps telling me not to overthink it, but that ship sailed a long time ago... I've dreamed up a dozen hypothetical scenarios, ranging from nightmare-ish to very hopeful. It's my top choice program.

To answer your question about what to look for, for the Child Studies program, I received an e-mail from apply@vanderbilt.edu with the subject line "Application Update." It directed me to the application page, which included a "Status Update" right above the "Verify Address" section. 

MTU08, the acceptance letter also included scholarship information, but there could be other ways people are learning about funding that I don't know about! And lastminutegal, there was only a brief mention of the Masters Visit weekend: "Please mark your calendar for Master’s Student Visit Days, February 21-22, and New Student Orientation, August 18. Master’s Student Visit Days are entirely optional. The event is designed for your convenience simply as an opportunity for a first-hand look at Vanderbilt University’s Peabody College. More information will be sent via email about both of these events as the dates get closer."

Are any folks planning on going? I've used up my vacation days and transcontinental travel budget on weddings (your mid-20s are a terrible time budget-wise to live 3,000 miles away from everyone getting hitched), so I probably won't be able to swing it. If anyone is going, I would love to hear what you learn!

Edited by birdy-bear

Are any folks planning on going? I've used up my vacation days and transcontinental travel budget on weddings (your mid-20s are a terrible time budget-wise to live 3,000 miles away from everyone getting hitched), so I probably won't be able to swing it. If anyone is going, I would love to hear what you learn!

I'm in the M.Ed international policy program but I'm thinking of going.  not too sure and I'll have to see the cost and all that.  I'll definitely let you know when I know for sure

I'm definitely going! I'll let you know how the event went and what I learned!

lastminutegal, I see that folks were admitted to the Special Education M.Ed. program, and there's still no change to my application status either. It's driving me crazy, waiting without knowing what's going on! My partner keeps telling me not to overthink it, but that ship sailed a long time ago... I've dreamed up a dozen hypothetical scenarios, ranging from nightmare-ish to very hopeful. It's my top choice program.

To answer your question about what to look for, for the Child Studies program, I received an e-mail from apply@vanderbilt.edu with the subject line "Application Update." It directed me to the application page, which included a "Status Update" right above the "Verify Address" section. 

MTU08, the acceptance letter also included scholarship information, but there could be other ways people are learning about funding that I don't know about! And lastminutegal, there was only a brief mention of the Masters Visit weekend: "Please mark your calendar for Master’s Student Visit Days, February 21-22, and New Student Orientation, August 18. Master’s Student Visit Days are entirely optional. The event is designed for your convenience simply as an opportunity for a first-hand look at Vanderbilt University’s Peabody College. More information will be sent via email about both of these events as the dates get closer."

Thank you so much for the response and info. I feel a lot better at least knowing it happened to someone other than just me. Fingers crossed that it's not for bad reasons and we will both hear something tomorrow. If not, do you think you'll call? I'm debating. it's absolutely my first choice as well and I really hope I get the chance to go to the visit days!

Not to be the one who can't stop posting, but if the person who just posted in the results search that they got an interview for the HDC program on the master's vist weekend (feb. 21) sees this, would you be willing to tell me more about how and why that happened? Feel free to PM me if that's better for you!

Maybe somebody can help me with my scenario:

I applied for the Leadership and Policy Studies PhD Program. I understand they've already sent out their invitations for the interviews, but I've received nothing either way. Is this a soft rejection? I'm just not sure! Kind of driving me a little bit nuts! Has this happened to anyone else?

Thank you so much for the response and info. I feel a lot better at least knowing it happened to someone other than just me. Fingers crossed that it's not for bad reasons and we will both hear something tomorrow. If not, do you think you'll call? I'm debating. it's absolutely my first choice as well and I really hope I get the chance to go to the visit days!

I called the admissions office today. The woman I spoke to was so friendly; she was happy to look up my application status and answer every question I had. She told me the Special Education department was running behind the deadline given by the Dean's Office, and that they were processing applications in the order in which they were received. The first round of acceptances went out, but mostly to people who had applied well before the deadline, and the rest of us were in a queue still waiting to be reviewed. She also said we may be in a holding pattern until the Masters Visit Weekend is over, as they're now taking the next few weeks to plan the event. I applied the day before the deadline, so it was a huge relief to hear this! It might be different for your departments, lastminutegal and StheBD, but I wouldn't hesitate to call to confirm--I didn't feel like a bother or crazy prospective student at all. She specifically said, "Call back with any questions--that's what we're here for!"  :)

StheBD - me, too! BUT - I applied to the CRA program. I was going nuts about it but I'm pretty resigned at this point - I think my rejection is coming, but probably after all acceptances go out. I emailed someone from the department who I had been in phone and email contact with asking what their timeline was and never heard back. This was about 2 weeks ago, and unusual - this person has always been super responsive and friendly. 

The most positive read I can get on the situation is if we're on some sort of wait list. As time goes on, I think this is less likely, but we can dream.

Good luck! I hope I'm wrong.