Anthropology Results 2014

Canis

A while ago there was a post (I seem to remember) about NYU already notified those accepted. Yesterday there was a wave of rejections reported on the board, yet I didn't get mine (which I expected due to that post). Anybody else still on hold at NYU? Can anybody confirm that old post about NYU?

The chances are so slim, but after five rejections I dare hope that the lack of rejection letter might just mean something good...  

All NYU offers (and I'm 90% sure wait list too) have gone out.  Not everyone got their rejection yesterday, but no clue why not.  Probably NYU's crappy overall web system.  Sorry!

A while ago there was a post (I seem to remember) about NYU already notified those accepted. Yesterday there was a wave of rejections reported on the board, yet I didn't get mine (which I expected due to that post). Anybody else still on hold at NYU? Can anybody confirm that old post about NYU?

The chances are so slim, but after five rejections I dare hope that the lack of rejection letter might just mean something good...  

I didn't receive anything from them either, but I'm guessing that they're just sending out rejections in waves. 

I'm on hold too...assuming it's a rejection, but there's still that tiny bit of hope....

You only need one (good) acceptance, 

You only need one (good) acceptance, 

You only need one (good) acceptance...

come on!

Good luck Alterman! I hope you hear really (good) news soon.

Found out earlier this week that I was accepted into UCONN's Old World Archaeology PhD program with full funding, was asked to be discreet about it until the official notices went out today. I guess dreams do come true! It is nice to finally be able to relax and not stress over this anymore. I wish the best of luck to everyone else!

Found out earlier this week that I was accepted into UCONN's Old World Archaeology PhD program with full funding, was asked to be discreet about it until the official notices went out today. I guess dreams do come true! It is nice to finally be able to relax and not stress over this anymore. I wish the best of luck to everyone else!

Nice job! Congrats! I visited and decided not to apply, but it was nothing against the department. Great people there! Best of luck!! 

Edited by DigDeep

Just got the official rejection from Berkeley. Knew it was coming, but it still stings. Ah well! 

I'm sorry about that. Are you waiting on other programs?

Congratulations! Such a nice post :) dreams coming true!

Sarab you are just such a nice person! Truly! I wish more people were like you <3

Aww you're so sweet! Thank you so much!

Rejection by mail (???) from Indiana University. And apparently UConn (my top choice) sent out acceptances today and I haven't heard anything. I feel sick.

Sorry to hear that *hugs*. Hope you get to hear good news from UConn tomorrow!

I am pretty sure that old post was false, it went up after I had a conversation with a friend of mine. I mentioned that I was pessimistic about getting into programs--I know he assumed I was applying to NYU. That post was way too early for it to be authentic. I believe it also said Social Anthropology, rather than Cultural or Sociocultural. He was just trying to get me to freak out haha...its a terrible thing to do to other people.

Edited by anthroaf

I am pretty sure that old post was false, it went up after I had a conversation with a friend of mine. I mentioned that I was pessimistic about getting into programs--I know he assumed I was applying to NYU. That post was way too early for it to be authentic. I believe it also said Social Anthropology, rather than Cultural or Sociocultural.

Good detective work! I will stay hopeful for NYU until I get an official rejection!

Any more news on Boston University (sociocultural)? Also, did anyone apply to American University...what information (no matter how general) do you have?

This season is looking like a total bust for me...I just want it over....

Any other UMass Amherst acceptances out there? Got my funding letter and would be interested in comparing the offers to see if it's standard - also anyone with UMass experience, please PM me - It seems like the funding has gotten much better, but I would love to talk to any current students. Thanks!

wait listed at stanford, rejection from berkeley.

stanford says "extremely impressed by your application", "have put your name on an alternate list" , "there is some likelihood that we maybe able to offer you a place"

is this the same thing as  waitlisted or is this saying, " wait, we are looking for funding and if we get it ,your in" vs "if others dont say yes to offer, we may have space for you"

anyone else get this?

happy nonetheless

blessings all around to the dreamers and the hopeful

Just got the official rejection from Berkeley. Knew it was coming, but it still stings. Ah well! 

got mine too.

it's the first official word on any of my apps. it almost feels good, the waiting is more difficult than the judgement itself. i can uncross a pair of fingers.

Does anyone know if Boston always does interviews for the people they accept? I feel like I am really annoying, constantly asking about BU, but this process is making me crazy. As in, an actual crazy person.

I didn't have an interview. But, I also haven't seen others accepted. I don't know if I'm a unique case or what? (Not trying to sound pretentious, just really don't!)

Edited by DigDeep

I didn't have an interview. But, I also haven't seen others accepted. I don't know if I'm a unique case or what? (Not trying to sound pretentious, just really don't!)

You don't sound pretentious. Did other people get an interview in archaeology?

Edited by Whatthewhat