Anthropology Results 2014

Canis

I hope you get a GOOD news tomorrow! Fingers and toes crossed!

congratulations!!! will you be attending ? I want to apply next year to this university- the program sounds amazing!!

I am still waiting to hear on our UCLA wait list....i know they met last week to cut some people off the list. now, the question is if the ones that were cut are already notified or is this good news still? 

I am more than likely going to accept. Ohio State has a great anthropology program. Their major strength is human evolutionary anthropology, but they are solid all around. Since I'm interested in a historical perspective on cultural ecology, it was a good fit. What would you be interested in studying?

Thanks for the congratulations everyone- and congrats to all who have had good news recently, as well! It's very exciting to see where we'll all end up!

So today a recurring dream came true. I woke up at 6 to an email from my poi at upenn offering me admission! Last night I thought I had decided where I was going to go.... Now back to the drawing board.

Congratulations daykid! That's really exciting. You have so many great options. Good luck many decisions :)

I broke and called University of Michigan - turns out they sent me a rejection email 3 weeks ago but to the wrong address. He resent it just now…I feel like I suffered unnecessarily for the past 3 weeks.

Sorry about that fishg, that really sucks 

Just got the rejection from Chicago, but was admitted to their MAPSS program, half-tuition and they offered to fly me out during their Campus Days visit in April. Pretty good offer, but nothing has beat Brown thus far. 

Well, I guess that'll just make the decision easier for you! Congrats on the MAPSS acceptnace though :)

Finally rejected from UConn. I guess all I can do is wait in NYU and Boston.

Sorry about that. Good luck on your other apps!

Finally rejected from UConn. I guess all I can do is wait in NYU and Boston.

Sorry to hear that, resurrectionist. Sending you positive thoughts for the rest you're waiting on!

Accepted to the University of York (UK) and Memorial (Canada) for the Archaeology streams.  So far rejected by McMaster and University of Calgary for Anthro/Archaeology streams.  So I'm 50/50 so far.  Still waiting on Toronto (fingers crossed for multiple, multiple options!).

Hey guys, I just got an offer from a NY school for archaeology and I was (positively) surprised by the stipend. Would any of you who got into Columbia, CUNY, NYU etc care to share the details of the funding packages you were offered? Feel free to PM me if you're uncomfortable sharing the info on here! (I should probably disclose that I completely agree with Canis that sharing this information between ourselves empowers students -- it allows us to see what constitutes a good funding offer, and to spot (and potentially fight) unjustifiable inequalities.

Hey guys, I just got an offer from a NY school for archaeology and I was (positively) surprised by the stipend. Would any of you who got into Columbia, CUNY, NYU etc care to share the details of the funding packages you were offered? Feel free to PM me if you're uncomfortable sharing the info on here! (I should probably disclose that I completely agree with Canis that sharing this information between ourselves empowers students -- it allows us to see what constitutes a good funding offer, and to spot (and potentially fight) unjustifiable inequalities.

Accepted to the University of York (UK) and Memorial (Canada) for the Archaeology streams.  So far rejected by McMaster and University of Calgary for Anthro/Archaeology streams.  So I'm 50/50 so far.  Still waiting on Toronto (fingers crossed for multiple, multiple options!).

Congratulations to you two! I'm very happy for you.

Has anyone else not heard back yet from Stanford, Columbia or Johns Hopkins?  Could that imply maybe wait-list potential?

Sending everyone good luck! (This is truly a terrible process)

Has anyone else not heard back yet from Stanford, Columbia or Johns Hopkins?  Could that imply maybe wait-list potential?

I'm hoping for a wait-list from Johns Hopkins too. Three weeks ago I heard decisions would be made by this week, so we'll see! Good luck!! 

Rejected from Northwestern! Just waiting on my CUNY rejection to start my wait on my waitlist programs.

Sorry about that. Maybe you'll hear good news from CUNY? Hopefully not the same ones I recieved though

Sorry about that. Maybe you'll hear good news from CUNY? Hopefully not the same ones I recieved though

Thanks, sarab! You're so kind. :D I keep having to remind myself that I have a great option for an MA.

I sincerely hope everyone else is in good spirits!

I think Columbia usually offers MA to those without. Could be why. I expect Stanford to come today and tomorrow.  Like I said, I heard Stanford made 4 offers and they already know who they are. I have no info on Johns Hopkins.

Just got the official admission notice from McMaster - I applied to their Anthropology of Health MA. They offered a scholarship but no TAship.

I have another offer with a TAship - would you guys suggest I try to get them to match the other offer?