Acceptance Thread

bar_scene_gambler

Random question: A year ago today, Notre Dame started sending out acceptances. Anyone have any guesses when they might send them out this year? I know they were two weeks late with their first wave of rejections but curiosity is getting the best of me. 

Yeah ND is killing me. I hadn't got any of that wave of rejections so I (probably unrealistically) have high hopes and I keep expecting it any day now

Yeah ND is killing me. I hadn't got any of that wave of rejections so I (probably unrealistically) have high hopes and I keep expecting it any day now

A pain I wish that I knew....

Well, the professor that I mentioned (but will not name) did a Master's at Loyola and went on to get his PhD from Notre Dame. He also mentioned that a few MA students with whom he was acquainted went on to receive PhDs from Loyola. Another went to Syracuse, so on and etc. He reports that few had any problems sling-shotting into decent PhD programs.

Thanks very much. That's reassuring to hear.

Edited by ghost of 'lectricity

A pain I wish that I knew....

Idk, I think I'd take the pain of a certain rejection over the pain of a suspended uncertainty caught in a horrible oscillation between hope and despair but I'm weird. I wish you the best nonetheless : )

Heads up on Indiana: I did email the administrator out of curiosity.

She said they had about 100 applications and 40 rejections were sent out (no word on the number of accepts)... so if you haven't received anything you're still being considered. Nice to have some positive news!

I had applied to Brown, and still haven't heard anything from them. I know they sent out some rejections, but I did not get one. Should I assume that it is a rejection that is simply late trickling in?

Also, I've seen posts about Penn State, but any about UPenn?

No word yet from UPenn.  Penn is quite late at this point given its early application deadline and history of sending acceptances in early February.

I had applied to Brown, and still haven't heard anything from them. I know they sent out some rejections, but I did not get one. Should I assume that it is a rejection that is simply late trickling in?

Also, I've seen posts about Penn State, but any about UPenn?

According to Ianfaircloud's blog, Brown has not released rejections.  The results page has one rejection, but I wouldn't consider it verified until I saw more... 

I haven't commented on here yet because I'm largely applying for theology programs, but I did apply to two philosophy programs. I saw that so far there has been one rejection and two waitlists from Kentucky. I haven't heard anything from them yet. Do any of the people who received waitlist notifications know anything about how Kentucky notifies people? I'm trying to figure out if I've been unofficially waitlisted under the people who received official notifications or if they're just procrastinating in sending out rejections.