Last Year

Hopephily

I started perusing the grad cafe results page from last year.  Many of you might already have looked at this (multiple times), but I just thought it could be helpful to list some of the dates that people started hearing back.  

It's surprising how early some of them started last year. Note these are just some of the earliest dates that some applicants reported acceptances for. I only made it through Feb 20th.  

Jan 15: Cambridge (M.Phil)

Jan 18: UC-Riverside, Edinburgh. 

Jan 21: Warwick

Jan 23: Baylor

Jan 24: ASU (HPS)

Jan 25: Missouri-Columbia, Ohio State

Jan 29: Illinois-Chicago

Jan 30: Duke

Feb 1: Northwestern, U Chicago

Feb 4: UC Irvine, UCSD

Feb 5: UC Berkeley

Feb 6: Penn State, Indiana

Feb 7: Rochester, U Connecticut (UConn)

Feb 8: Washington University in St. Louis (WashU)

Feb 9: Arizona, Carnegie-Mellon, Oregon, UC Irvine, Stony Brook, Kentucky

Feb 10: UPenn, MiamiU (Ohio)

Feb 11: Pittsburgh, Minnesota

Feb 12: Western Ontario, (CU Boulder too, but...)

Feb 13: Georgia State (M.A.)

Feb 14: Stanford

Feb 15: Emory, Georgetown, Michigan State, Northern Illinois, U of British Columbia, Wisconsin-Madison, Brown, 

Feb 18: Buffalo, Iowa, Notre Dame, 

Feb 19: Loyola

Feb 20: Syracuse, U of South Carolina, UNC-Chapell Hill, MIT

On 1/13/2014 at 4:34 PM, surfball said:

Great list, Hopephilly. Thanks!

I was perusing the general forum and saw someone (ianfaircloud) posted an additional list detailing admission dates over a number of philosophy programs:

Both are very helpful, and my hat's off to both of you.

whentoexpect.jpg?w=500

This one is great. Thanks for reposting it!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, everyone.  Here's something else of interest:

http://faircloudblog.wordpress.com/2014/01/23/2014-predicted-results-2/

I spammed the forum a bit, but I put together a rough prediction of this year's results.  This isn't scientific.  But as you can see from my first post, most departments released results in 2013 within about 10 days of when they released results in 2012.  So if you think about days of the week (Monday, Friday, etc.), and week of the year (second week of February, etc.), you might be able to predict many (or most) of the release dates (with a margin of error).

For the record, the MPhil submission for Cambridge, after a closer look, was posted on January 15 but the actual acceptance was on emailed on Nov 28. Cambridge has a few different deadlines, it looks like this was submitted for one of the earlier deadlines and notified in November. Students who submitted for the December deadline should not expect results until the first week of March, according to the results page. 

Just a heads up for anyone anxiously awaiting a response for their MPhil application!