Any news from Stanford, UCSD, or Chicago? Or any ling programs?

You probably won't hear anything from the programs until February/March. That's what all of my programs have told me, one of which is also in the California system. Good luck!

I haven't heard a single thing, yet. The only POI I talked to said they weren't even considering looking at apps soon, but that was about twelve days ago.

Every professor I've talked to lately has said this has been a VERY slow season. Not really sure why.

I've heard from UBuffalo, but that's because their funding deadline is reaaaaally early and they have to nominate their potential PhDs for the first round by tomorrow.

I haven't heard from any of my other 9 programs, including schools all over the U.S.

I won't be getting nervous about the other applications until at least the beginning of February. That being said, knowing that UCSD responded back to SOMEONE and that someone wasn't me kinda bums me out :/

Edited by antecedent

When I got panic during waiting, I collect results data of previous years from this website and make a prediction of the time period when I'm expected to hear words from each program.. Not a good way to spend time, but kinda calm me down :)  (You'll probably hear from Chicago from Feb.5-10th if accepted)

Edited by longforit