Tennessee State University Applicants??

hhc

Anyone out there applying at TSU? I have a questions concerning LoRs. I've called and emailed the office repeatedly this week and am having no luck!!

My LoRs have already submitted letters. Upon browsing the website, I came across an actual Recommendation Form provided by the graduate school. Is this required? The department's website only listed that 3 letters were required, and the Graduate School website did not indicate that the form was required. It's getting close to the deadline, and I am getting nervous! 

Edited by hhc

• 3 weeks later...

I'm applying there as well. I have had no luck getting contact with anybody there. I just kind of gave up, I'm not sure if they have even received all of my stuff or not. I can't seem to check it online, soooo MAYBE I'm out of luck too. Sometimes they will accept your recommendations without the letter. If you can get in contact with them, maybe they will let you send them late. 

They FINALLY answered me and said the the form was not required. I had already asked my recs to send it in just in case, and one had before they e-mailed me. So, I told the others not to worry about it, as they had already sent letters.

I also haven't received the letter with login information to check online for a status of my application. When I called to inquire, they wre extremely rude. I grew up in the Nashville area and have always heard that the school is unorganized and hard to work with, but I thought I would give it a chance-- and I have read GREAT things about the SLP program! But I'm afraid they are proving to be difficult :-/

We will keep each other updated what we see/hear! Glad I'm not the only one feeling in the dark.

• 2 weeks later...

I never received my email/letter to login and check my status either, and I have e-mailed them TWICE. it is rude and not professional at all, very disappointing. 

Let me know if anyone else hears anything

They have received my application, but I am no closer to obtaining an online login!

The deadline was February 1st, so I assume they are not accepting applications any longer. I could very well be wrong. As for notifying applicants, the only guideline I have is through the results search on this site. Otherwise, I don't see anything either.

• 2 weeks later...

The only response I have gotten was from a graduate coordinator at the Graduate School saying they had received all of my materials and I would hear by April 15. which leads me to my question for y'all...

Did you receive and online login in the mail? The website states you will, but I haven't received a thing from the school!

The only response I have gotten was from a graduate coordinator at the Graduate School saying they had received all of my materials and I would hear by April 15. which leads me to my question for y'all...

Did you receive and online login in the mail? The website states you will, but I haven't received a thing from the school!

Nope. I haven't gotten ANYTHING! No login. It says you'll get one, but never did and have e-mailed 3 times and tried to call. Can't login to my originial application.? Frustrating.

It really is frustrating! And so odd because I have friends who rave about th graduate program.

Yeah it is, they haven't communicated at all. Did you try to call, or you just received that information from an e-mail? Hmm, interesting. Maybe the graduate school is the place lacking in communicating, and the program is fine. Either way though, the school should have a better system of notifying and responding to questions. Hope you hear something soon. 

I have not received anything either. Never got the letter where it was to give you login info, can't get anyone on the phone/email. Hopefully we will hear soon! 

I called the Speech and Haring department this morning just to try to get an idea of what is going on. The woman that answered the phone was very nice and willing to help. She confirmed that decision would go out in "mid-April". (Hate to wait, but at least I have an idea!) Also, decisions will most likely go out via e-mail or e-mail and mail. I asked her about obtaining a student login (or whatever) from the graduate department and she said they don't use that and I haven't missed anything. Feeling a bit better about this school now! 

I called the Speech and Haring department this morning just to try to get an idea of what is going on. The woman that answered the phone was very nice and willing to help. She confirmed that decision would go out in "mid-April". (Hate to wait, but at least I have an idea!) Also, decisions will most likely go out via e-mail or e-mail and mail. I asked her about obtaining a student login (or whatever) from the graduate department and she said they don't use that and I haven't missed anything. Feeling a bit better about this school now! 

Thanks for the update. I wonder why their decisions go out so late. Good to hear that we haven't missed anything, but still going to be hard not having heard from them - as most places you have to decide by April 15th. Good luck to you!!

• 2 weeks later...

I called Graduate School Friday, and I was told that a first batch of letters were sent out that day. Another batch would be sent out this week. Hopefully we will all hear something soon.

I know exactly how you feel! There seems to be no sense of urgency and a mixture of our nervousness as well. I didn't get to ask if rejection and waitlists were going out...just kinda figured a few rejections and some form of message to waitlist would be sent out. I guess not. I called for a week straight, never getting an answer at any of the departments. When I finally spoke with someone the other day, she seemed to be in a rush and did not take the time out to answer any additional questions. We will just keep being patience and praying!   :)

I called the graduate school (not the department) and they informed me that they already snt out letters. I asked if it was acceptances as well as rejections. When I told her I haven't gotten either, she said just wait......

Thanks for the info! I'll keep my eye out then. Half of the schools sent info to my permanent address so, I'll let them know to still keep checking. It didn't seem like there were many acceptances in the results search......