Developmental Psychology PHD Applicants

twinkletwinkle

I posted this on the Fall 2014 Applicant Thread, but I wanted to see what developmental folks thought.

So I finally heard back from UVA. The professors I applied to work with weren't allowed any grad students this year (since they are just starting work in Fall 2014), but they offered me a lab manager position with the certainty that I could start grad school in 2015. Not super excited about this idea, since I have offers from other schools, and I'm a lab manager now (and very very ready to start grad school in a few months).

Maybe they'll let me be a post-doc in five years...?

Guest joshw4288

Did anyone apply to the Human Development program at Northwestern and Georgetown? Have you heard anything back! The silence is deafening. 

Human Development at Georgetown had interviews the weekend of Feb 7 and the weekend of Feb 21. 

Human Development at Georgetown had interviews the weekend of Feb 7 and the weekend of Feb 21. 

I don't understand these schools, why would they not email out rejections then! or at the very least if they can't do that then atleast update the status of the application. 

I just want to SHOUT OUT and ASK: has anybody that went to Interview Weekend for Developmental Psych at Notre Dame received any kind of notification???????????? Acceptance??? Waitlist??? Rejection??? ANY NOTIFICATION COUNTS!!!

3 weeks passed and i have heard nothing from Notre Dame!!! My POI said really positive things to me when she replied my thank you email note after interview, but I heard NOTHING!!!! and it has been 3 Weeks!!!! 

I am nearly crazy now and cannot focus on anything!! i have sent an email to POI just now, and hopefully i can get a reply to end my waiting.