Interview Invitations

AuDorBust

Do you know if they contacted everyone for interviews today? If I don't hear back by the end of the week I will assume I won't be getting one. Most of the schools I applied to don't do interviews (or at least they didn't state that on their website) and I'm kind of glad for it! haha. 

I also heard from UIowa on 1/27 inviting for an interview.  Have not heard from anywhere else yet!  Applied to: UIowa, Vanderbilt, UNC Chapel Hill, Northwestern, Kansas, UT Austin, Syracuse, UMass Amherst, UConn, Northeastern, Pitt, SDSU/UCSD, and WashU.

I got my first interview invite today! Does anyone else have interviews scheduled?

University of Iowa: Notifications sent 1/27 for interviews 2/27-2/28

Yay! Congratulations, thankfully it gave you some time to plan it out and make travel arrangements. 

Thank you :)  Did you have any last words of advice  :)

The interview is not that long. But my only piece of advice is to be confident and relaxed. The questions are not difficult, but you want to express yourself in the best way possible. You CAN do it! Please let me know how it goes. We could potentially be in the same program! When is the interview?

I have no idea, I don't think Missouri State does. The only thing I remember from them is that you don't fill out a supplemental unless you are accepted. So, if they tell you to fill out that then it should mean you are in. The results search shows that NOAC has sent invites to open houses, which I didn't get invited to  :angry:. I assume this is some sort of informal interview. 

I have no idea, I don't think Missouri State does. The only thing I remember from them is that you don't fill out a supplemental unless you are accepted. So, if they tell you to fill out that then it should mean you are in. The results search shows that NOAC has sent invites to open houses, which I didn't get invited to  :angry:. I assume this is some sort of informal interview. 

NOAC is essentially just an encouraged visit date - I'm sure it could potentially help you if you really stand out to faculty, but it shouldn't have any major draw on an application.  I'm currently a UA student, and the visit day is designed to give applicants a chance to see Kent State, Akron, and the Cleveland Clinic all in one day, with the ability to ask questions and meet faculty along the way.  The invites were sent out from Akron on Feb 4th, so if you haven't heard anything, I would contact Dr. Miller to see if there was some issue with the application.  Our graduate school quite frankly doesn't have their stuff together when it comes to applications, but our SLP/A department is FANTASTIC!  I highly encourage everyone to check it out!

I agree with AuDBall; you should contact the department to make sure your application was received! I emailed Dr. Miller my regrets when I got my invite and she said that top candidates who are unable to attend will be offered Skype interviews sometime in the next few weeks. I hope I get one because I would love to go to UAkron.

AuDBall, do you know if UAkron accepts people with lower GRE/GPA? My GPA is only average and my GRE quantitative leaves a lot to be desired. Thanks!

DeafAudi - UA is one of those programs that will look at the entire application, so don't let yourself get discouraged.  Another perk of the program is that since it is a consortium of Akron Kent, if you applied to Akron and all of their available slots are full for admission but you are the next in line, you will automatically be accepted into the program via Kent.  From what I've heard from faculty, the visit day isn't anything too serious - it's more of an informal interview process, with more of a casual and personal feel than other programs.  The invite is sent to ALL applicants, including those who don't even meet the bare minimum GPA requirement (I believe it's a 3.0/4.0) who have no chance of getting in - something they are hoping to change for future visit days!  If you have any questions, feel free to ask!