Boston University SLP F14

Hi Everyone,

I saw on the GradCafe result that someone got an email stating that highly qualified candidates will be invited to interview. But I didn't get any email from BU.

Does anyone know if that email is an interview invitation sent only to highly qualified candidates? Any words from BU? 

I'm freaking out...

Thanks!

AnxiousSLP

I don't think it's an invitation.  That's the exact wording I got in the email confirming that they had received my application from CSDCAS (I had to double check since I freaked out a little too).  So while it's probably not the interview invitation, I would give them a call if your application is marked as "Mailed" on CSDCAS but you still didn't get a similar email since they should have emailed you upon receiving your application at the BU office.

I interviewed with BU last year. They contacted me via e-mail. If I recall correctly, they specified an interview date in the e-mail and I had to coordinate a time on that day that would be suitable for both myself and the professor interviewing me.  As I was living quite far from Boston, we set up a Skype interview. 

Good luck!

E.

I was the person who posted that information on the results search. My CSDCAS application had been verified earlier that morning. The e-mail, from Brie Goellner, states, "Your application is complete and will be passed along to the admissions committee for review. Your complete application includes your CSDCAS application, all relevant transcripts, official GRE scores, 3 letters of recommendation, and if applicable, official TOEFL scores. Highly qualified candidates will be invited to interview with faculty during the weekend of February 21-23." To clarify, it's not an invitation, but a notice that invitations will be sent out in the near future. That gives applicants sufficient time to plan for that weekend in the case that they are invited to interview. Best of luck, fellow BU applicants!

• 4 weeks later...

Not to get ahead of myself or anything (I am still much more doubtful than confident) but now that interviews are done, I was just wondering.. does anyone have any idea what the merit scholarships are like for BU?  Do they cover 10%, 25%, 100% of tuition?  It's something I was curious about but didn't exactly want to bring up in the interview haha