Fulbright 2015-2016

Oliebollen

Hello Everyone,

Excited Indonesia ETA acceptee here.

I found this thread while trying to sleuth more details about the upcoming assignments - I have a summer job lined up that I am excited about and would love to hear that the program begins in early August. Also, I'm pretty anxious to find out where I will be assigned.

For other Indonesia ETAs, have y'all received your official letters and, if so, do are they any more detailed about the assignments?

Thanks, and best of luck to everyone!

Hi Mudcat! 

Another super excited accepted Indonesia ETA here! (I've been lurking on this thread/forum as a guest for a while now. I'm 'K' on the spreadsheet.)

No official letters here yet, but I don't expect them until later this week or maybe even the week after really.

Even then I'm not sure if that letter will have much additional information? I'm thinking we'll need to hear or get something from the Commission that runs Fulbright in Indonesia itself, and when that comes feels like anyone's guess! :)

From what the Commission has on its website though, it looks like the 2014 folks had their orientation the first two weeks of September so I imagine we'll probably start around the same time?

Good luck to all the rest still waiting to hear. This forum and the spreadsheet have definitely been a huge help even though I haven't registered until now. :)

No matter if you get a good answer or a not so good answer, all of you guys are awesome and worked your butts off to make it this far and that is absolutely something to celebrate!

Hey everyone!

I'm new to this forum. I know it's a little late in the competition but I literally just found out about this forum and got excited that there are people who are in my current situation. I'm currently a Fulbright UK study/research Finalist. Last week, the university I applied to contacted me and said I needed to apply to a program at their university because there was a deadline for confirming to the Fulbright committee that they (the university) are happy with their (Fulbright's) selection.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a good or possibly a bad sign?

Miracle18,

Fellow UK finalist here. Well that could only be good sign. Otherwise why would the university contact you if they haven't heard from the fulbright commission? I haven't applied to my school yet because I wanna hear from the commission first.

There's a chance we might hear next week. Welcome to the forum and good luck to you!

I applied to my university (University of Exeter) as soon as I got the Fulbright Recommendation email - I figured it could only help my application. I also thought that if the Commission had to make a choice between someone who had already applied and been accepted to the university and someone who was still waiting to apply, it would show them how dedicated I am to using the Fulbright award. That's just me, though - good luck to you both! :)

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum... congrats to those who've been accepted! Has anyone heard details on orientation in June (e.g. dates, schedule)? Do all the countries do a joint orientation? I don't expect to hear back for quite some time about my research Fulbright so it'd be helpful to know dates in advance.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum... congrats to those who've been accepted! Has anyone heard details on orientation in June (e.g. dates, schedule)? Do all the countries do a joint orientation? I don't expect to hear back for quite some time about my research Fulbright so it'd be helpful to know dates in advance.

Thanks!

Hi Raco! What country are you applying for? I'd be happy to give you the dates from the website I was linked to in my acceptance email. There's just a range of different ones depending on what region/country you applied for. :)

Edited by nsnotable

Hi Raco! What country are you applying for? I'd be happy to give you the dates from the website I was linked to in my acceptance email. There's just a range of different ones depending on what region/country you applied for. :)

Hi nsnotable,

Applying for China. I scoured the website and couldn't find them - figured they'd taken them down. That'd be great, thanks!

Hi nsnotable,

Applying for China. I scoured the website and couldn't find them - figured they'd taken them down. That'd be great, thanks!

Maybe they just haven't gotten around to adding the dates to the 'For those Recommended' webpage yet. According to the link I have Study/Research for China is June 24-26!

Edited by nsnotable

Maybe they just haven't gotten around to adding the dates to the 'For those Recommended' webpage yet. According to the link I have Study/Research for China is June 24-26!

Checked that webpage and it hasn't been updated. Thanks, that's very helpful!

University of Kent.... What about you? 

Helloo! Which department at Kent are you applying to?? I applied for the Sheffield partnership, but the PI I would be working with has an affiliate at Kent who we would also be researching with! 

Something about that sentence was so awkward, but it's too Monday to figure it out...

Hello,

I am new to the post.

I have been lurking for a few days. It's has been so nice to find other people freaking out as much as me! I don't think I have ever had such anxiety over anything in my life. I mean, I actually had a nightmare about this thing. Anyway, glad to have find some other worries and now I can leave my friends and family alone for a while.

Hello,

I am new to the post.

I have been lurking for a few days. It's has been so nice to find other people freaking out as much as me! I don't think I have ever had such anxiety over anything in my life. I mean, I actually had a nightmare about this thing. Anyway, glad to have find some other worries and now I can leave my friends and family alone for a while.

Welcome Chris1! I can't decide what's more shocking to me right now: The fact that your username was still available, or the fact that you said "a nightmare," like it was singular. I think I have one nearly every night!

:) But seriously, welcome to true Mutual Anxiety. What award did you apply for?

Hi Nsnotable, does the link in your acceptance email include the orientation dates for all regions and countries? It might be helpful to some of us other applicants to know what the orientation date might be if we are accepted.  Does your link include the orientation dates for Eurasia by any chance? :-) Thanks!

Helloo! Which department at Kent are you applying to?? I applied for the Sheffield partnership, but the PI I would be working with has an affiliate at Kent who we would also be researching with! 

Something about that sentence was so awkward, but it's too Monday to figure it out...

That's interesting! I applied for their Criminology program. 

Welcome Chris1! I can't decide what's more shocking to me right now: The fact that your username was still available, or the fact that you said "a nightmare," like it was singular. I think I have one nearly every night!

:) But seriously, welcome to true Mutual Anxiety. What award did you apply for?

Haha I was shocked too. So, far just the one nightmare. I applied for a UK study grant. I am pretty sure it is the end of the road for me because I did not get invited for a telephone interview, but I am just as nervous as everybody else and pretty excited for those persons who have recieved their grants.

Thanks for the welcome!

Haha I was shocked too. So, far just the one nightmare. I applied for a UK study grant. I am pretty sure it is the end of the road for me because I did not get invited for a telephone interview, but I am just as nervous as everybody else and pretty excited for those persons who have recieved their grants.

Thanks for the welcome!

You know, I really wouldn't worry too much about it!!! Several of the other UK applicants on here also did not have interviews, and we are all under the general impression that it depends on the particular partnership. As a fellow UK applicant, I must ask-- which university?!

Feel free to send me a private message if you prefer! Just click on my user name and somewhere toward the top right there is an option to send a message!

Also, to Miracle -Kent applicant: Awesome! My affiliate would be in the Psyc department. I would probably end up taking a trip down to Canterbury to meet her at some point--- if we both get Fulbrights, maybe I'll see you there :D

Edited by RosyPosy68

You know, I really wouldn't worry too much about it!!! Several of the other UK applicants on here also did not have interviews, and we are all under the general impression that it depends on the particular partnership. As a fellow UK applicant, I must ask-- which university?!

Feel free to send me a private message if you prefer! Just click on my user name and somewhere toward the top right there is an option to send a message!

Also, to Miracle -Kent applicant: Awesome! My affiliate would be in the Psyc department. I would probably end up taking a trip down to Canterbury to meet her at some point--- if we both get Fulbrights, maybe I'll see you there :D

That makes me feel a bit better. I applied for the partnership award with University College London (UCL). I got accepted back in November, which was exciting, but kinda got overshadowed by my worrying about Fulbright. It would be wonderful to have the award, but I plan to attend even if I don't. I really, really, want it, though.

Edited by Chris1

Hi Nsnotable, does the link in your acceptance email include the orientation dates for all regions and countries? It might be helpful to some of us other applicants to know what the orientation date might be if we are accepted.  Does your link include the orientation dates for Eurasia by any chance? :-) Thanks!

Eurasia for research is July 29-31! :) 

And yes it does include links for all the orientations.

Here's the website itself: http://us.fulbrightonline.org/resources-for-pre-grantees-2015-2016

If it doesn't work for any reason just let me know and I'd be happy to give out dates!

I'll definitely look forward to it. Hopefully, we will know in the next couple of days. 

Eurasia for research is July 29-31! :)

And yes it does include links for all the orientations.

Here's the website itself: http://us.fulbrightonline.org/resources-for-pre-grantees-2015-2016

If it doesn't work for any reason just let me know and I'd be happy to give out dates!

Awesome! This is great, thank you!!

Accepted today for the Spain ETA.

Wonderful news!! Congrats!! I hope the rest of you on here who applied for Spain ETA are getting good news today! What region did you apply for?