Fulbright 2015-2016

Oliebollen

Do all SSA applicants find out at the same time ?! So glad to know there are more out there ! which country ? 

South Africa.. you?

it seems like they all notify within a two week period from the spreadsheet.. but who knows!

RRachel1, yes I was just emailed this morning! I suppose that it is pretty late in the game compared to most countries, but Montenegro usually notifies in late April. I didn't expect to hear anything at all until then, so-- while the email was surprising-- it's nice to know that someone is actually looking at my application!

RRachel1, yes I was just emailed this morning! I suppose that it is pretty late in the game compared to most countries, but Montenegro usually notifies in late April. I didn't expect to hear anything at all until then, so-- while the email was surprising-- it's nice to know that someone is actually looking at my application!

Wow! At least you won't have to stress over whether you'll be notified early! Yeah, Moldova usually notifies in mid-late April also. I've been hoping for an early notification, but I don't think that it is in the cards.

Has anyone applying for the Balkans (Serbia, Macedonia, Croatia, etc) been contacted about an interview? I was under the impression that those countries usually didn't interview, but the embassy just emailed me.

I applied for an ETA in Macedonia. I was also under the impression that they don't interview, and I haven't been contacted for one.

Wow! At least you won't have to stress over whether you'll be notified early! Yeah, Moldova usually notifies in mid-late April also. I've been hoping for an early notification, but I don't think that it is in the cards.

It's so hard to stop hoping! I haven't started refreshing my email yet, but I know it won't be too long before I give in (even though I know it's irrational). Hang in there!

I applied for an ETA in Macedonia. I was also under the impression that they don't interview, and I haven't been contacted for one.

Thanks for the info! It's also nice to hear from a fellow-Balkans applicant-- good luck!!

Hi all! Long-time lurker, first time poster. I was informed a couple hours ago that I was selected for a Netherlands research grant!

This forum has been great for me to stay sane. Good luck to those who haven't heard, and congrats to those who have heard good things so far!

also a SSA applicant and super anxious for notifications to begin!

Kenya ! yeah I think you're right a lot of them were notified on the 21st ! 

I'm SSA too. Applying for research grant to Ghana. At this point I don't think I can handle waiting anymore. I'm driving myself crazy! I can't imagine waiting like this for another month! Is that how you all are feeling? I'm just going to pretend I didn't get it and try to move on with my life.... :unsure:

I'm SSA too. Applying for research grant to Ghana. At this point I don't think I can handle waiting anymore. I'm driving myself crazy! I can't imagine waiting like this for another month! Is that how you all are feeling? I'm just going to pretend I didn't get it and try to move on with my life.... :unsure:

I know exactly how I feel. Going crazy ! 

I've been lurking on this forum, and just found out I won a research Fulbright to Israel. I had transcript issues that delayed my notification. Good luck to everyone still waiting, and thanks to those of you who kept things updated as we collectively tried not to develop an ulcer. 

I've been lurking on this forum, and just found out I won a research Fulbright to Israel. I had transcript issues that delayed my notification. Good luck to everyone still waiting, and thanks to those of you who kept things updated as we collectively tried not to develop an ulcer. 

This is my favorite post in the whole thing because I believe that stress ulcers are slowly eating away at me. 

my typical day:

7am: it's a new dawn! a new day! enjoy these next two hours of peace.

9am: it begins! not-so-stealthily check your phone during classes, remain disappointed.

10am: email notifications start rolling in from activities, student bookstore, my grandma. give it up grandma! i'm not obsessively checking my inbox for you!

11am: reassure yourself that it's still early and today could still be The Day

12pm: notifications from other countries start rolling in. seethe in bitter jealousy. who wants to go to genovia/atlantis/etc anyway?

12:05pm: smile thru the bitterness and post a half-hearted 'congrats!'

1pm: now all these email notifications from student government and change.org are just mocking you

3pm: the day is winding down. your hope is slipping away.

3:15pm: stare at spreadsheets of past years, trying to determine some kind of pattern you missed the last 1200 times you did this

4:30pm: whine at your mom

4:35pm: mom hangs up on you, doesn't want to hear about it anymore

4:55pm: what if it comes in the last five minutes???!!!

5:00pm: (it didn't)

rest of the evening: wonder if any notifications have ever come in past 5pm, do the things that life asks of you on a daily basis, and wait to do it all over again

Has anyone received the Grant Authorization Document or Program Terms & Conditions for the Study/Research grant from the Germany commission? (3/25)

I haven't yet (but not at home to check to see if it came in the mail today). Did you receive something?

my typical day:

7am: it's a new dawn! a new day! enjoy these next two hours of peace.

9am: it begins! not-so-stealthily check your phone during classes, remain disappointed.

10am: email notifications start rolling in from activities, student bookstore, my grandma. give it up grandma! i'm not obsessively checking my inbox for you!

11am: reassure yourself that it's still early and today could still be The Day

12pm: notifications from other countries start rolling in. seethe in bitter jealousy. who wants to go to genovia/atlantis/etc anyway?

12:05pm: smile thru the bitterness and post a half-hearted 'congrats!'

1pm: now all these email notifications from student government and change.org are just mocking you

3pm: the day is winding down. your hope is slipping away.

3:15pm: stare at spreadsheets of past years, trying to determine some kind of pattern you missed the last 1200 times you did this

4:30pm: whine at your mom

4:35pm: mom hangs up on you, doesn't want to hear about it anymore

4:55pm: what if it comes in the last five minutes???!!!

5:00pm: (it didn't)

rest of the evening: wonder if any notifications have ever come in past 5pm, do the things that life asks of you on a daily basis, and wait to do it all over again

My takeaway from this? Poor grandma.  :(

:)