Fulbright 2015-2016

Oliebollen

Just got notification that I have been selected for the UK Fulbright. The "P" is in the subject line and the email came at 7:57pm Central Time. Fingers crossed for other UK applicants.

Yay! My heart is still pounding from the email. It was so unexpected. Congratulations! 

Nonono :( but I want you all there, too!

But seriously, you guys got so far. I hope you find something that ends up being an even better fit and a more exciting and powerful experience for you than you could have ever imagined!

Any of you UK people headed to London? I'll be there! And congrats!

I'm roughly 50 miles from London! I know that doesn't really answer your question, but I definitely plan on visiting London while I'm there. 

Hey! I've been checking this for a few weeks now and figured I'd finally write. I got accepted as an ETA in Turkey. I grew up in New York but my family is from Turkey so I'm super excited to live and work there for a year. I want to make a facebook group/see if one already exists, so we can all get to see who is going, address concerns/questions, see where people are placed, etc. 

Here is one I just made very quickly, please join!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/929633240421973/

Hey! I've been checking this for a few weeks now and figured I'd finally write. I got accepted as an ETA in Turkey. I grew up in New York but my family is from Turkey so I'm super excited to live and work there for a year. I want to make a facebook group/see if one already exists, so we can all get to see who is going, address concerns/questions, see where people are placed, etc. 

Here is one I just made very quickly, please join!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/929633240421973/

Hello YaseminAkturk, 

Welcome to the forum! I'm not a Turkey applicant, but I have a friend that is, and there is already a Turkey Facebook page with many other Turkey Fulbrighters. Here is the link:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/734746963308515/ 

You should definitely join and Congratulations on being a Fulbrighter. 

I just tried to use the link and it says page not found, so just go to Facebook and type in Fulbright Turkey 2015-2016 and it should pop up. Hopefully an actual Turkey applicant can chime in and give you better details. 

Edited by miracle18

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!! Finally!! I am so excited for all of you UK applicants!

Sending out the UK notifications after 5pm is going to mess me up for the rest of the waiting period...

Seriously! It's almost like they're trying to make me a nervous wreck.

Congrats to everyone headed to the UK. To those who didn't make it, you're immensely talented and driven people to have made it this far. Chin up! 

Not selected. Alas, I am not destined for greatness

Not Selected. Kinda knew when I didn't get the interview.

I got the dreaded "NS" email too.... :( I, too, had an inkling that I wouldn't get it when I wasn't selected for an interview, but some part of me still hoped I would be selected. That hope got crushed at 6:25pm PST today. :( My empathy goes out to you both, and I know that better and brighter things await us! I'm so happy for all of you who did get the UK Fulbright! May you enjoy every bit of your Fulbright experience! :)

Any of you UK people headed to London? I'll be there! And congrats!

Yes, I'll be in London, too!  I'm going to be playwright in residence at Sell A Door Theatre Company.  Looking forward to all of the UK adventures ahead.  

And to NS, you are all incredible, so hopefully apply again :)

For those of you who have applied multiple times... did you use the same letters of rec. or request new ones from different people?

I used one specific person every time I have applied, it was someone I had worked while I while I was studying abroad but the two others I switched out depending on my project and sometimes with time passing I had met or worked with people who were better fit than the previous years I had applied.