Fulbright 2015-2016

Oliebollen

Congrats to everybody, and I'm also very glad to see that at least some notifications are going out.

I have to admit though, every time I see taiwantroubadour post in this thread, my heart skips a beat, since we're applying to the same country...

Part of my ever-more obsessive waiting game strategy has involved calculating the average number of days between the first round notifications and final acceptances... Taiwan is now a few days past the "average" of 80 days... how long are they going to make us wait...

Congrats to everybody, and I'm also very glad to see that at least some notifications are going out.

I have to admit though, every time I see taiwantroubadour post in this thread, my heart skips a beat, since we're applying to the same country...

Part of my ever-more obsessive waiting game strategy has involved calculating the average number of days between the first round notifications and final acceptances... Taiwan is now a few days past the "average" of 80 days... how long are they going to make us wait...

I feel the same way!! I actually emailed Jonathan Akeley yesterday because I was getting so anxious yesterday...now not only will I be looking out for taiwantroubadour, but also ev108! Every time my phone vibrates to tell me I got an email, I feel super nervous and my heart skips a beat...then when I check it, its not Fulbright...sigh any day now...

It does help ease my anxiety each time I see comments on this thread about new notifications though! Very happy for everyone who has found out so far :)

awww I hope you get bumped up ! you're project sounded awesome ! Crossing my fingers they find more $$$ !! 

Thanks! Me too. Now off to apply for some Otago scholarships.....

Best of luck to you!

Got the research fulbright! email at 15:26! omg this is surreal! shaking so bad. deep breathing! Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!

omg omg omg i am shaking and heavily breathing with you!!! congrats!!! hoping the ETA applicants get their emails soon!

Edited by rockrmoose

Accepted to Morocco today for research! at 8:15 Pacific Time! Third time's the charm I guess!

Got the research fulbright! email at 15:26! omg this is surreal! shaking so bad. deep breathing! Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!

Congratulations! So excited for you two!

Busy morning eh? Notifications for New Zealand were also sent out. Congrats to all of you principal candidates! I've got alternate status :(  Hoping to get bumped up!

Crossing my fingers for more funding for you!

Me too! Congratulations!!!!!! Email dated exact same time as yours, but I actually didn't receive it until after I had already read the most recent posts in this thread... as expected, I got totally nervous, shaking, etc... then opened my email.... duaannngg... there it was.

I guess I'll be seeing you in TW then taiwantroubadour? BTW, never mentioned how much I like your "duang" avatar :D

Me too! Congratulations!!!!!! Email dated exact same time as yours, but I actually didn't receive it until after I had already read the most recent posts in this thread... as expected, I got totally nervous, shaking, etc... then opened my email.... duaannngg... there it was.

I guess I'll be seeing you in TW then taiwantroubadour? BTW, never mentioned how much I like your "duang" avatar :D

Congrats!! :DD

Thanks so much! I study women participating in the male -dominated fantasia, the traditional equestrian display. I'm REALLY psyched!

That is so amazing! Which city/area will you be in?

Hey all,

I've read most, but not all, of this thread. I'm a Canadian applying for a Fulbright to go to the US. They promise a response by email by the 15th; has anybody heard yet?

Congrats to those that have heard good news, good luck to those still waiting, and better luck in the future to those turned down. This waiting is brutal.

Hi all,

For those of you who uploaded documents to the portal already, did you rescan the entire "Grant Authorization" document or just the part with your signature on it? I want to do this now before I forget and I'm not quite sure how to combine the PDF pages that I've scanned into one document, but I am afraid if I just upload the page with the signature that it will be rejected. Thanks!

EDIT: Just saw I need to initial each page... guess my mom and I are going to have a scanner adventure tonight. In other news, ETA folks--do you have your ETA supplement available on your self-service portal yet? I only have the regular "Grant Terms and Conditions." Everything I've gotten from Fulbright so far says "US Scholar Program" and I'm terrified I somehow applied and got the research one instead, even though I know that's impossible. 

Edited by TravelingTeacher

The syrup of wahoo is flowin'! Way to go both of you! 

oh wait this was the thread! i hope to get to know both of you!

Awesome awesome, congrats to both of you!! Lets hope Taiwan ETAs come out soon....

Gah! I don't know! I don't know much of anything except the orientation dates. I think we find out more once the paperwork goes through? Maybe? Hopefully? Any word yet?!

GCF999- Finally heard back today about research in Nepal, but I didn't get it! Good luck on your project though! 

I was awarded a research grant to Japan (yay!!)  :)

I submitted my documents on the IIE student portal and to the country commission...and I received approval of all of my forms from the IIE site, EXCEPT for the "Grant Authorization Document."  This is the document I signed to officially accept the grant. 

Any reason why this one is taking so long to "approve"?  The others were approved a week ago, and the only two things hanging out there are the medical form clearance and approval of this grant authorization document. 

I don't want it to reach the "30 days" deadline to accept...which is coming up in 2 weeks (to be clear, I already accepted it and uploaded the signed acceptance, but it hasn't been "approved")...any ideas??  :unsure:

AFAIK there are only three documents to submit to the IIE portal for Japan: Data Release, Grant Document (the one page form with yen amounts as far as I can tell), and Terms and Conditions. I submitted Data Release 3/21, and it still hasn't been approved. I submitted Terms and Conditions 4/1, and that was approved right away. No rhyme or reason as far as I can tell. I did submit the Grant Document and that hasn't been approved yet either.

Edited by Aroma Black

Hey all, I've been lurking for a month or so now and I figured there's no harm in joining the conversation. I've applied to the ETA in Vietnam, and my Skype interview is tonight! Some nerves but I did a Skype test yesterday night with one of the ladies and she was very cheery and positive so I'm excited.

Historically, Vietnam has given notifications kinda late. (2014- Apr 25, 2013- May 2, 2012- Apr 4, 2011- Apr 30) I'm not expecting an early notification, but I would like to know before I graduate (May 9). x)

Hi luckyduck, I am a finalist for Vietnam as well. I am so excited and nervous. I wish you the best of luck  

Hey everybody! I got my news and just wanted to post that sappy farewell post that seems to be the tradition. Dammit, I wanted this to be sarcastic, but y'all are great and without this forum I think I would have pulled out all my hair. Thanks so much. And I'm rooting for everyone still waiting to hear!

Agh, feelz. Alright, with that, I'll just pull a reverse Galadriel and diminish into the East.

18980c0c44fcfc4459bec3682de87877901fe51d