Fulbright 2015-2016

Oliebollen

This may have been asked/answered before (sorry), but in a quick scan of recent pages I didn't see it right off:

For grantees from countries with their own Fulbright commission, how long after the initial e-mail did it take for you to get specific details, grant terms & conditions, etc.? Did these come by e-mail or regular post?

My grant authorization can by snail mail like 2 weeks after I received my selection email. However, everything else can by email pretty sporadically after that.

why is there a quota for positive votes for the day? are the admin afraid we'll become too supportive?

Yes, I crave for any positive votes!  And we should at least get 20 votes per day. Some of us live on this forum, y'know.  <_<

For those of us who received the orientation emails, does this possibly mean that there is some kind of holdup on the notifications or just that they are going to be annoucing later than last year?

One of my transcripts didn't arrive and I got an email last week to send a new one.  I asked if I needed to rush it, to which he replied no, he was sure it would arrive before notifications.  Now with these orientation "save-the-dates," I'm starting to wonder how much longer they plan on holding off, and what (if anything specific) they might be waiting on....

Hi all! Long time lurker, finally decided to chime in. I'm a finalist for a research grant to Bahrain. YYC1993, I know you applied for ETA, but have you heard anything at all? The only emails I've received from Fulbright was the one from January saying I'm a finalist and the one yesterday with the MENA orientation dates. The waiting is killing me! Hopefully we hear any day now...

Any other Bahrain or other Gulf country research applicants here?

Hi Wanderer0510, congratulations on making past the first round! I haven't heard anything besides for the email in January and the one yesterday with the orientation dates either.  I hope that the wait will be over soon!

Hi all! Long time lurker, finally decided to chime in. I'm a finalist for a research grant to Bahrain. YYC1993, I know you applied for ETA, but have you heard anything at all? The only emails I've received from Fulbright was the one from January saying I'm a finalist and the one yesterday with the MENA orientation dates. The waiting is killing me! Hopefully we hear any day now...

Any other Bahrain or other Gulf country research applicants here?

Yes, Bahrain ETA. That email yesterday was such a tease. 

Congrats, YYC1993 and buenasuerte, on making it past the first round! In past years, I believe Bahrain applicants have found out in early April. Fingers crossed that we'll hear soon and all be in Bahrain next year!

Applicants to Nepal- 

They updated the country information page, it says that orientation begins in mid-July in Kathmandu this year! This seems really early, I can't believe we haven't found out if we've gotten in yet. 

http://us.fulbrightonline.org/countries/selectedcountry/nepal

EDIT: actually, sorry, that's 2016. Not sure about this year's orientation dates! 

Edited by aakashi

I know it's not technically Fulbright, but did anyone else hear back from USTA today? Looks like I'll be in Austria next year!

Yes!

Salzburg!!!! 

Still deciding whether to accept it, the Germany ETA, or another offer. CONGRATS!

Where are you placed?

Has anyone else had a legitimate nightmare about not getting the Fulbright? It totally blows my mind that I had one last night, as I've been through the application/initial notification/Alternate decision already (last year). At the same rate, I cannot imagine there are many countries still waiting!

Has anyone else had a legitimate nightmare about not getting the Fulbright? It totally blows my mind that I had one last night, as I've been through the application/initial notification/Alternate decision already (last year). At the same rate, I cannot imagine there are many countries still waiting!

I have those far too often... we've got to be soon, right?!

Has anyone else had a legitimate nightmare about not getting the Fulbright?

Two nights ago, I had three separate dreams in which I got Fulbright emails- one (P), one (A), and one (NS). That was my first (and hopefully last!) case of Fulbright-related dreaming, but at least my subconscious is preparing for all possible outcomes!

According to Instagram, Russia was notified! Fellow Eurasia applicants, could next week be our week??!

I was NOT expecting anyone from Eurasia to hear back for at least 2 more weeks! Until now I figured I wouldn't really start to freak out until April 20th or so...  :blink: