Fulbright 2015-2016

Oliebollen

Have any of the Taiwan research ppl on here received add'l information about the terms and other stuff? It's kind of weird that it has taken so long, right? For others... does anyone have an idea of how long the gap tends to be between receiving your first email informing of your acceptance and receiving the more detailed paperwork? I thought the waiting game was over... now I'm starting to get anxious about how I'll be able to enroll at my host institution in time.

haven't heard a thing!

i'm wondering if there's any leeway to push off the start date but i dont want to ask until i know what the terms are...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but from what I've gathered the orientation is mandatory. If you don't attend they could rescind your grant. Maybe in special cases they might make an exception? I would email the program manager for your region and ask; that would probably be the best way to get a complete answer!

I actually emailed Fulbright about the orientation (I haven't heard any news, but I did get a save the date email), because it conflicts with a summer scholarship for me (I will be out of the country). They said selected candidates can petition for an exemption, but it was very vague. So, maybe? I'm not sure what qualifies though.

Ok I stupidly forgot that I wasn't supposed to submit the first page of the medical exam form. GAH! They won't rescind their offer over that stupidity, will they??

OH NO! I did the same thing. Have you heard anything about resubmitting it? Or are you going to delete it and resubmit it?

Have any of the Taiwan research ppl on here received add'l information about the terms and other stuff? It's kind of weird that it has taken so long, right? For others... does anyone have an idea of how long the gap tends to be between receiving your first email informing of your acceptance and receiving the more detailed paperwork? I thought the waiting game was over... now I'm starting to get anxious about how I'll be able to enroll at my host institution in time.

I was selected for an ETA in Thailand and we received and email about a week after the (P) email and they said it wouldn't be until June that we will receive the rest of the paperwork in the mail (Grant Auth, financial info, placement, orientation details). They said they now spend this time rereading our applications to work on placing us in schools. So it could be similar for Taiwan (or other countries). 

OH NO! I did the same thing. Have you heard anything about resubmitting it? Or are you going to delete it and resubmit it?

They'll send an email (saying that the forms have been rejected) if something's wrong so if you haven't received anything like that I'd say you're all set. :) No need to delete and resubmit.

i couldn't figure out how to delete and resubmit! i wanted to but it didn't seem like i could... :( haven't heard anything yet, hopefully it will be ok?

Hey everyone!

This one goes out to all y'all still waiting to hear back. I'm still waiting to hear back from a Spain ETA application. I'm not anxious or anything, it just makes tryna plan my first year out of university a little more difficult (just tryna plan my future, nbd). I've been occasionally reading this forum for the past couple months, and it's been an unexpected source of comfort to know we're all in this together. 

Good luck to all! 

Are we at the point in which we won't be hearing about notifications every day now? :(

Sadly, that seems to be true! Someone did just update the spreadsheet for Singapore and Bangladesh, though, so maybe there's been news today after all?

Sadly, that seems to be true! Someone did just update the spreadsheet for Singapore and Bangladesh, though, so maybe there's been news today after all?

I updated for Bangladesh research, which I just got selected for! I've been biting my nails til today, so best of luck to those still waiting.

It was about a week between getting my acceptance email from IIE and hearing from the commission in Indonesia. For some reason it also took a few extra days for the email to show up in my school email (I got it the day of in my personal email account), so it could be that due to the firewalls, etc. 

If you're ultra worried, I would suggest emailing the program manager at IIE. :)

haven't heard a thing!

i'm wondering if there's any leeway to push off the start date but i dont want to ask until i know what the terms are...

I was selected for an ETA in Thailand and we received and email about a week after the (P) email and they said it wouldn't be until June that we will receive the rest of the paperwork in the mail (Grant Auth, financial info, placement, orientation details). They said they now spend this time rereading our applications to work on placing us in schools. So it could be similar for Taiwan (or other countries). 

Thanks for the advice everyone. I did indeed email the rep the other day with a few other questions, and haven't heard anything back yet. I imagine they might be busy with finalizing the ETA business for Taiwan! Perhaps they want to just wait until everyone has heard the initial update before continuing to send out information. Anyway, I'll update everyone if I do hear anything back from the regional representative.

I updated for Bangladesh research, which I just got selected for! I've been biting my nails til today, so best of luck to those still waiting.

Congrats Bideshi! I was just selected for Bangladesh ETA! Good luck to everyone still waiting--hopefully you will all hear very soon!

Hey everyone!

This one goes out to all y'all still waiting to hear back. I'm still waiting to hear back from a Spain ETA application. I'm not anxious or anything, it just makes tryna plan my first year out of university a little more difficult (just tryna plan my future, nbd). I've been occasionally reading this forum for the past couple months, and it's been an unexpected source of comfort to know we're all in this together. 

Good luck to all! 

Hi chelsie - have you not heard anything back yet? Two other Spain ETA applicants posted that they heard back on March 16th.

I also applied to Spain (but research) and have heard nothing.

Well, the statistics aren't updated yet - but there seems to be some progress on the Fulbright website.  They have changed some of the featured profiles on the home page.  So maybe that is an indication that the statistics and other information will be updated soon!

Updates are great (and I hope the stats come soon), but I'd love to see some decisions even more. Hopefully we'll get some answers today!

I hope that you find out soon, too! The waiting game is torture! Sadly, as an alternate my wait is extended. But crossing my fingers that your answer comes today or, at least, this week!

Hi chelsie - have you not heard anything back yet? Two other Spain ETA applicants posted that they heard back on March 16th.

I also applied to Spain (but research) and have heard nothing.

Hey Remenis,

Nope, haven't heard a thing. We'll hear back soon, one way or another! Good luck.

I hope that you find out soon, too! The waiting game is torture! Sadly, as an alternate my wait is extended. But crossing my fingers that your answer comes today or, at least, this week!

Rrachel, I spoke too soon! Now I'm right there with you: (A). Good luck to alternates and all still waiting!