Chances of generous funding at Vanderbilt Divinity, Yale Divinity, Candler, and PTS

FandT1

I received a call from Vanderbilt on Friday. However, I missed the call and didn't call them back until their office was closed. So I hope to be in touch with them on Monday to see what the call was about.

Regarding Vandy: Balatro and I have had this dispute before, I believe. Every year Vandy offers 10-20 full offers, many of which have $10K stipends (mostly to MDivs). I've spoken to the administration directly about their policy because I was curious about this rumor about lowball offers. They said categorically that they do not modify offers, and try to be as generous as possible. Again, I know this becomes a he said/she said, but this is my insider's take.

I will say, OP, that your stats stand a respectable chance at VDS for a full-ride. Though it's important to keep in mind that the SOP is vital, and stats only do so much. For what it's worth, I've known a few people with nearly identical stats as you who've received a full-ride, but they said they put in a substantial effort into their SOPs.

This was back in 2010, but Vanderbilt bumped up my offer significantly when I told them I was accepted to other schools with more competitive funding.

This was back in 2010, but Vanderbilt bumped up my offer significantly when I told them I was accepted to other schools with more competitive funding.

Welp, hard to argue with this! I'll take your word for it, 11Q13. I think it's safe to say that they don't make a habit of it.