Csuf 2014

onenametim

CSUF has interviews? I applied in November. I also applied to the CalSWEC. I do not think they are on a rolling admissions basis like LB is so I am guessing they will send out acceptance/ rejection letters around the same time.

Have you guys been logging onto your titan online portal? I've checked my to-do lists several times to see if they have received my transcripts and I am happy to see that they finally did! However, it says I have to submit my high school transcript as well. Is this real? Why are high school grades still important when I am seeking a master's degree? Did anyone submit their official hs transcript?

@tiennnthai, I doubt that they need your high school transcript. This happened to me with CSULB so I called to make sure and they said it was just an error. I'm guessing the same thing probably happened with CSUF.

I received an email today inviting me to an interview! Oh man..I'm so nervous now.

no way! congrats and good luck!!! When did you apply? I applied oct 21.. I'm nervous now ahhhhh. Will you share your gpa, major, and experience if you dont mind :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just received an e-mail from CSUF stating that I got admitted! I'm definitely excited since this is one of my top two choices so it definitely relieves some of the pressure while I wait to hear back from other schools. Has anyone else heard back regarding admission/interviews?

I just received an e-mail from CSUF stating that I got admitted! I'm definitely excited since this is one of my top two choices so it definitely relieves some of the pressure while I wait to hear back from other schools. Has anyone else heard back regarding admission/interviews?

I was admitted last week! I'm still waiting to hear back on other schools as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I applied to CSUF, CSULA and CSULB. I heard from CSUF today and have an interview next month. For those of you who have had an interview at CSUF, how long after the interview did you hear back from them? How is the interview process, is it a group interview? What did they ask you?  Thanks for your response and good luck to everyone who is still waiting!

I applied to CSUF, CSULA and CSULB. I heard from CSUF today and have an interview next month. For those of you who have had an interview at CSUF, how long after the interview did you hear back from them? How is the interview process, is it a group interview? What did they ask you?  Thanks for your response and good luck to everyone who is still waiting!

My interview with them lasted about an hour. You are interviewed alone by two faculty members who ask you general questions about your experiences in the field, what peaked your interest in social work, etc etc.  I interviewed with them on a Tuesday and got an e-mail that Saturday saying I had been admitted. Good Luck on your interview!

Hi everyone, I have a general question here:  I have also applied to CSU Fullerton, but I would like to know why the rest of you chose this school.  From my understanding, their program is one of the newer ones in CA, and is not ranked as well compared to CSULA, LB, SD, or SJSU.  I heard from someone that it's best to choose schools who have older MSW programs because it means the school will have better and broader connections, as well as the time to develop a better reputation.  Granted, I really *really* like CSU Fullerton's pretty campus and location, which is the reason why I chose to apply.

So what about the rest of you? 

Chavcsu, thanks for the info! I'm nervous about my interview, but once I'm there I'll be fine.  I can't wait for it to be over so that I have an answer!!   Hopefully by then I will have heard from LB and LA.  

Hi cuisinequeen7! I'll try to keep my answer as unbiased as possible, since I am currently attending CSUF and am in my first year of the program.

Generally, I've been told that you choose a school based on it's location. So where do you want to practice? This is extremely important as you build your connections based on where you went to school and did your internship. For example, if you knew you wanted to practice in the Bay Area, it wouldn't make much sense to come to a school in Southern California because you would want to build your connections up north to facilitate finding work upon graduation. 

In regards to 'connections,' it really depends on the program's Field Coordinator. CSUF's Field Coordinator knows just about everyone from every agency in Orange County and the neighboring counties, so that really helps get you placed! 

Try not to get caught up in reputation! I chose CSUF over several higher ranked schools because I felt that Orange County would be where I wanted to practice after I graduated. My undergraduate professors have told me that ranking is not of much importance, especially when you're out trying to find a job. Take into account other factors such as cohort size, quality of the professors, and the cost of the program. 

Good luck!

Edited by nguyencredible

Hi cuisinequeen7! I'll try to keep my answer as unbiased as possible, since I am currently attending CSUF and am in my first year of the program.

Generally, I've been told that you choose a school based on it's location. So where do you want to practice? This is extremely important as you build your connections based on where you went to school and did your internship. For example, if you knew you wanted to practice in the Bay Area, it wouldn't make much sense to come to a school in Southern California because you would want to build your connections up north to facilitate finding work upon graduation. 

In regards to 'connections,' it really depends on the program's Field Coordinator. CSUF's Field Coordinator knows just about everyone from every agency in Orange County and the neighboring counties, so that really helps get you placed! 

Try not to get caught up in reputation! I chose CSUF over several higher ranked schools because I felt that Orange County would be where I wanted to practice after I graduated. My undergraduate professors have told me that ranking is not of much importance, especially when you're out trying to find a job. Take into account other factors such as cohort size, quality of the professors, and the cost of the program. 

Good luck!

Hi nguyencredible, thank you for answering my question, I appreciate your thoughtful response! :)