Any news on Berkeley?

CaliArch

Not I (since applying, at least). Someone here on the forum said last week that they have a friend who already received an acceptance into their Medical Anthro track (which accepts two per year), but there hasn't been anything confirmed.

I was conversing with my POI until late December, when I thought I should lay off on the questions in time for adcomms to start looking at applications. It's been pretty silent in the results page, already heard back from Davis; to get a result from Berkeley would be great!

• 2 weeks later...

cultural applicant here.. im starting to get the sense that decisions already went out at the beginning of the month (given past years patterns and a few admissions that were posted then)...should i just assume the worst at this point? is anyone else waiting?

The results on the board were for medical anthro, right? I think  there was just one that was unspecified, but since it was on the same day as the medical ones I assumed it must have been for med anthro as well.  I’m cultural so I’m still waiting even though per previous years' schedules acceptances should have been notified by now.  I wish they’d just say something already. 

The results on the board were for medical anthro, right? I think  there was just one that was unspecified, but since it was on the same day as the medical ones I assumed it must have been for med anthro as well.  I’m cultural so I’m still waiting even though per previous years' schedules acceptances should have been notified by now.  I wish they’d just say something already. 

besides med anthro, i see these:

UC Berkeley Anthropology, PhD (F14) Accepted via E-mail on 5 Feb 2014 A 6 Feb 2014
  •  
University Of California- Berkeley Anthropology, PhD (F14) Accepted via E-mail on 5 Feb 2014 A 6 Feb 2014
  •  
University Of California, Berkeley Anthropology (Archaeology), PhD (F14) Accepted via Phone on 30 Jan 2014

besides med anthro, i see these:

UC Berkeley Anthropology, PhD (F14) Accepted via E-mail on 5 Feb 2014 A 6 Feb 2014
  •  
University Of California- Berkeley Anthropology, PhD (F14) Accepted via E-mail on 5 Feb 2014 A 6 Feb 2014
  •  
University Of California, Berkeley Anthropology (Archaeology), PhD (F14) Accepted via Phone on 30 Jan 2014

LOL! Maybe that’s why I haven’t gotten accepted anywhere... apparently I can’t even read. 

I’m now expecting a rejection. Thanks! 

LOL! Maybe that’s why I haven’t gotten accepted anywhere... apparently I can’t even read. 

I’m now expecting a rejection. Thanks! 

ahh i'm sorry :( i was somehow hoping that someone would give some information to rekindle the optimism...

I'm rather hesitant to contact my POI directly, but I'm getting impatient...

i would call the department first, but i'm also too paranoid to do that, haha. it's probably not the worst thing to contact your POI and just remind them of your interest. if you've been made other offers, you can refer to those too and say that you're still really drawn to berkeley