University of Pittsburgh

MissNatural

Hey I just got accepted into University of Pittsburgh's program with a $7,000 yearly scholarship. Not sure if I'll attend yet, since I'm still waiting to hear back from University of Washington and Portland State University. Did you apply early decision? 

Hey I just got accepted into University of Pittsburgh's program with a $7,000 yearly scholarship. Not sure if I'll attend yet, since I'm still waiting to hear back from University of Washington and Portland State University. Did you apply early decision? 

Yes I did. Found out of my acceptance a few weeks ago.... Just deciding if I am going there.

Pitt has an excellent school for social work and the city is really great. It's beautiful and there is much to do there during those occasional spare hours you'll have off from studying.  There are multiple hospitals nearby, which translates to the potential for experience in many different areas  (UPMC is one) and many other opportunities for field work because it is a big city. The campus is safe, considering that it is still in a city and you have to be careful. The cost of living Is very reasonable there.  I can't imagine how you could go wrong choosing Pitt, although I am not very familiar with the other schools on your list.

@missnatural - my mother went to a Pitt branch campus in Greensburg (neighboring county not far away) during her first year undergrad and she grew up north of Pittsburgh.  She also worked in Pittsburgh during a couple summers when she was in college. She didn't transfer out of Pitt because she wanted to, but left because the university would not allow a student at a branch to go to main campus until third year.  She was living with a relative and was extremely unhappy with that situation.  She still pines away for Pitt and what should have been.  

• 2 weeks later...

I applied and got accepted to Pitts as well. I am still not sure if I will go there but I have heard good things about the school. Does anybody plan to visit the school any time soon?

I was also accepted, I plan to visit in April.. or sooner if I can get out there.