Arizona State

Anyone here apply to Arizona State University? Their website says that applicants will be contacted in "early February" for an interview which will take place at the end of the month. Has anyone heard back yet?

I applied to ASU. I haven't heard anything yet. I applied last year, also, and received an invitation to interview on 2/7 for the 3/1 interview event. I'm really hoping to at least get an interview again this year! I am now employed as an SLPA in a school district AND I improved my GRE scores. Good luck to you!

Where did you see on the website about them contacting about interviews in early February? I don't remember seeing that.

On their website it said something along the lines of:

"Review of applications commences as they are completed and is concluded in February. Based on this review, a group of top applicants are invited to the ASU campus for a required interview with speech/language clinical and academic faculty. Specific dates and times for the interview will be sent to invited students in early February. Interviews are typically held on the last Friday in February and the first Friday in March. For applicants with recognized disabilities who are unable to visit on campus, an alternative interview format may be arranged."

Ah. Thanks! Here's hoping we both get interviews! I only applied to ASU, as I live in Phoenix and my husband and I are not prepared to up and move just yet. However, if I don't get in this time around, I plan to take my leveling coursework online through NAU next year and then broaden my sights a bit.

I called ASU today and they said that they are no longer doing interviews this year, but instead having a few open houses. The woman I spoke to also mentioned that those who applied should receive a decision by the end of this month. Hope this helps! 

Thanks for the update! This is good news, as it means I won't have to spend money on airfare from California :) 

That's fantastic news! I have to admit, I kind of enjoyed the whole interview event last year (although I was miserably sick that day), but it was pretty stressful. The end of the month is coming really soon! I can't wait to find out! 

Thank you SO much for finding out and posting this info!!!

Anyone hear anything yet about admission to ASU??? slphopefully, you mentioned that they are going to be having a few open houses...did the lady say if those will take place before or after decisions have been sent out? I'm assuming after, but I don't know. Since this is the last week of the month, I'm assuming we'll hear something soon!!!!

Hopefully by the end of today, since it's the last day of the month!!! I keep checking my email, hoping there will be something from ASU!

Me too!! Hope you hear some good news by the end of the day!! :)

Thanks so much for the update, PuraVida! I hope we receive those decisions sooner rather than later! I have to tell my boss at work what my plan is for next year by Friday...

Well I hope we find out before Friday for your sake!! I'm going to be in the area next week so I'd also love to find out soon so I could visit.

I just called ASU and was told that the decisions were finalized on Friday and will be sent out (via mail and/or email) hopefully within the next few days!

Thanks so much! Crossing my fingers and toes!

Did this send answers through the ASU gmail they create for you? Did your application status change on the my.asu.edu site? I'm so anxious!!

Did this send answers through the ASU gmail they create for you? Did your application status change on the my.asu.edu site? I'm so anxious!!

I received an email from Vicky Bellendir with my letter and also a letter of intent form.  My "MyASU" account still says "in review."  

Edited by CocoCoco

I'm still waiting, too! Eek! I was told yesterday by someone who works in the department that this year has been a really tough year for applicants...a really high percentage of the applicants had 4.0 GPAs. So...I'm not holding my breath. BUT, it doesn't decrease how badly I want to find out!