quick question

I found out I was admitted to a school on Tuesday by checking the website.  I haven't received any emails (even an email to check the website) or any word about funding. Today I received a letter from the IT department of the school thanking me for choosing them and telling me how to get set up in the system to register for classes or whatnot.  Should I contact the Department or the DGS?  Should I just wait?  There was no place online to accept or decline the offer (and I definitely wouldn't do so without info on funding :)).  Thanks for your sage advice!

ETA: the letter also gave me a university email account which I set up and checked.  No info there either.

Edited by crazyhappy

I would recommend contacting the DGS immediately and wouldn't do anything else on the website with your login. 

I actually received something not so different on Tuesday as well (however, mine was accompanied by an email from the DGS)--do you mind sharing which university this was?

I'm wondering what exactly to say in my email. I was thinking something along the lines of "I'm delighted to see that my status is accepted, but I do have several questions before I make my final decision".  Does that sound acceptable?  Any advice?

I am in the same situation with UW-Milwaukee.  According to the PAWS system, I was accepted into their Media, Cinema and Digital Studies PhD program in their English Department.  I have not received any emails nor any letters.  I was questioning if I was actually accepted.  

• 1 year later...
On 2/19/2014 at 0:02 PM, JimE said:

I am in the same situation with UW-Milwaukee.  According to the PAWS system, I was accepted into their Media, Cinema and Digital Studies PhD program in their English Department.  I have not received any emails nor any letters.  I was questioning if I was actually accepted.  

On 2/13/2014 at 9:26 AM, crazyhappy said:

Thanks for your response.  It is University of Wisconsin Milwaukee's Lit and Cultural Theory program. 

I know this is a long shot, since you both posted almost two years ago (but maybe someone else who sees this will know the answer). I am confused as to how to check my application status. When I log into PAWS and navigate to the "Application Status" area, I only see the program I applied for. Nothing about "Under review" or anything of the like. 

Just confused! Thanks for any info!

Screen Shot 2016-01-08 at 7.50.43 PM.png