Biology Interviews at BU?

Hey folks-

Just wondering if any people who have applied to the Biology department at BU have heard back about interviews yet. The deadline was quite a while ago but a few weeks back a member of their program told me that committees were still in the process of figuring interviews out. Has anyone else heard anything from BU in the last few weeks? It seems to me that not hearing back at this point may not be a good thing...

Anyways, thanks in advance for any replies/info!

What part of the bio department? 

I'm applying to MCBB, which is related to straight up bio (same program coordinator, a lot of prof overlap, same interview weekend). I think most if not all of the bio-related departments are having their recruitment weekend the last weekend of Feb: http://www.bu.edu/mcbb/for-students/biological-sciences-recruitment-weekend/ . I got a skype interview instead of getting sent to the recruitment weekend, but that might have been a special circumstance due to a weird mixup that had happened with my app. However, I saw an interview posted pretty late on the results page for MCBB, so there may be some hope for a skype kind of thing. 

edit: grammatical error

Edited by pyrocide

I applied to the Biology M.A/Ph.D program and my area of specialization was listed as Cell and Molecular Biology. The fact that I have yet to hear back does not seem promising, but I thought I would check  as I haven't seen any BU Bio results on here yet. Thanks for the info though!

I've seen only one result for Cell+molec bio on the results page, at least for this year (used "boston university molecular" as search term).

Any time dood! Good luck and hopefully we might be cohorts! :D 

I also applied to the Biology M.A./Ph.D. program at BU, although my specialization is in Marine Biology.  Nonetheless, I called the graduate coordinator about the status of the admission process today, expecting a snippy response, but actually received a nice, informative answer.  She said no formal interviews, acceptances, or rejections have been sent out, as of now.  For Marine Bio, each POI is to recommend  admission of their choice(s) to the grad program before any formal acceptance is made.  Also, she mentioned that this varies greatly from professor to professor and could take time.  I assume other specializations are similar.  While this isn't necessarily good news, I'm glad that I called and will be emailing my POI come Monday!  Good luck to you and fingers crossed!  :D

• 4 weeks later...

I applied with Marine Biology listed as my concentration as well. I think my POI is in the last stages of deciding. Have you heard anything about official dates? I feel like the department itself doesn't have a set view of when they will be making these decisions.

Nope.  I still haven't heard anything from them.  I saw a few posts on here, both acceptances and rejections, but nothing more.  I'm fairly sure they are in the final stages of deciding, but then again I said the same thing last week... I would normally assume an unofficial waitlist, but I really don't think they've made all decisions yet.  I guess we'll wait and see.  You'll have to let me know if you hear anything!