Funding for US Students Studying in the UK?

Kamisha

Apart from Stafford Loans and “big name” scholarships like Marshall, Cambridge-Gates, and Fulbright (I’ve already missed those deadlines), does anyone know of funding options for US students who want to study in the UK? Any private grants/scholarships/opportunities/etc? 

Background: I was awarded a partial-tuition scholarship and, should I accept, I will still need to come up with about $14K for tuition. I’ve got the living expenses covered. Because I was lucky enough to be funded during my current MA, I don’t have student loan debt. As such, I could do Stafford Loans if necessary but really, really would prefer not to.

Hi Kamisha.  You are likely too late in the cycle to apply for any fellowship-style support for 2014-2015.  Are you going from an MA to a PhD program?   If so, I found a couple things in my database which might be of use based on your disciplinary affiliation.  

Ruth Landes Grants (rolling admission, $10,000-60,000), fund anthropological projects 

The Graham Foundation Carter Manny Award (March 15th, $15,000) funds art and humanities scholars, are requires an emphasis on architecture that your film may or may not have.

Good luck!