University of Maryland, College Park...email?

Crucial BBQ

I have noticed in the Results that many (all?) who applied to the UMD College Park received their admit/reject decisions via email.  I also applied and am awaiting a decision.  However, when I click on the "Check your Status" button (in APRA) I am taken to a page that states that admissions decisions cannot be communicated via email or webpage.  The gradschool.umd FAQ page simply states that a "letter will be generated and sent to the address you provided".  

Should I expect an email?  Confused and stressed. 

I noticed the same thing. People getting email notifications and acceptances. I found on their website under "After You Apply" the following statement: "When a final Graduate School decision has been made you will receive an email notice to inform you that your decision letter is available to view online. You can view the letter through the 'Check application status’ section of your Application Supplemental Form (ASF).

An official copy will also be sent to the address listed on your Graduate application. If the program to which you have applied does not require you to complete an ASF then you will not be able to view your letter online. The following programs currently do not require the ASF: Non-Degree applications, MBA or MS applications offered by the Robert H. Smith School of Business, and selected applications for a master’s or certificate of professional studies."

So I guess we'll probably get an email to check online as well as something in the mail. 

Thank you for your reply.  The program I applied to does have an ASF.  According to the ASF page:  

"You may check on the status of your application by clicking on the "Check application status" link at any time. It will display which items have been received and which items are still needed to complete your application."  

And, when I click on "Check Application Status", I get:

"Your application is now complete. It is currently being processed or soon will be. Thanks. Decision information cannot be given out over the phone or in email correspondence."

Perhaps is just my program/department?

No. I have the same message in the ASF. I expect it will be updated with in the next two weeks. :\

Although there was that recent hacking thing that happened to the people at the university and I wonder if that hasn't had a delay on decisions. 

I received an official email from the Graduate Coordinator and we have communicated through email ever since. I have not checked my mail in  little while, but I am sure I did not receive a letter through my mailbox as of now. So I would advice you to be on the lookout for an email. Also, my ASF information did not change once I was admitted.

It seems that accepted applicants get notified by email or phone call, while those who are rejected receive an email to check their application status via the ASF(accepted applicants' ASF doesn't change). I got my email at 7:02am which seems to be a trend. I got rejected.

I think the "decision information can't be given via phone or email" bit is directed to students calling or emailing asking about their app status.