Fall 2015 Applicants

A colleague of mine just emailed UCI English and received a response that they still haven't completed their review process. So strange that they sent out a spate of acceptances and then radio silence for two weeks. Anyone on the board here receive an acceptance? Was it because you got a fellowship that you heard back so early?

A colleague of mine just emailed UCI English and received a response that they still haven't completed their review process. So strange that they sent out a spate of acceptances and then radio silence for two weeks. Anyone on the board here receive an acceptance? Was it because you got a fellowship that you heard back so early?

I did get a fellowship from UCI. I might turn it down though, so a spot may open up for someone!

Hey guys, 

Anybody have any word on UPenn? One anonymous admit and then...silence. Is anyone else chalking it up to implied rejection, or do we still have hope? I have a few other offers, but Penn is my top choice... and a girl can dream, right?! 

Hey guys, 

Anybody have any word on UPenn? One anonymous admit and then...silence. Is anyone else chalking it up to implied rejection, or do we still have hope? I have a few other offers, but Penn is my top choice... and a girl can dream, right?! 

I'm pretty sure all Penn offers are out :( Keeping my fingers crossed for you, though!

Do you know this from insider knowledge, by any chance?

Yes, I heard that unofficially through the grapevine, but there's always a chance that I'm completely wrong! It would be great if some good news is still to come, since I loved Penn myself :)

I'm wondering if chicago has some sort of silent wait list or something.

Ooh, interesting! Has anyone seen anything about waitlist notifications? Speak of the devil; just got an email that I've been recommended for the MAPH, but I'll remove myself from the running.

Also, has anyone heard from UToronto?

Edited by margeryhemp

Ooh, interesting! Has anyone seen anything about waitlist notifications? Speak of the devil; just got an email that I've been recommended for the MAPH, but I'll remove myself from the running.

I don't know why, but I'm actually ever-so-slightly miffed that I didn't get that recommendation! I never would have taken it, but the notice that was sent was very terse. Probably more terse than it ought to be, in my opinion. Oh well!

Argh what's the deal with the U Toronto radio silence. Historically, they've notified within these past two days. They're the only school I applied to that haven't sent out anything yet.

Edit: oop, didn't see this edit.

It better be coming tomorrow!

Edited by 1Q84

Yes, I heard that unofficially through the grapevine, but there's always a chance that I'm completely wrong! It would be great if some good news is still to come, since I loved Penn myself :)

Ahhh mine finally came. :D

Argh what's the deal with the U Toronto radio silence. Historically, they've notified within these past two days. They're the only school I applied to that haven't sent out anything yet.

Edit: oop, didn't see this edit.

It better be coming tomorrow!

The record for the past two years say Feb. 27-28 for acceptances, so they haven't broken with history just yet, and last year those were Thursday/Friday of this week in Feb. Still hope! Still hope!

So I'm on OSU's wait list. How many people do we think actually get in from the wait list, though? Are wait lists just false hope for most people? I just ate an entire box of skinny cow caramel chocolate; I'm ready for frank answers. 

Also, these sporadic Purdue acceptances are possibly driving me crazy. Just send them all out at once, Purdue. All. At. Once. Nobody likes the guessing game. 

The record for the past two years say Feb. 27-28 for acceptances, so they haven't broken with history just yet, and last year those were Thursday/Friday of this week in Feb. Still hope! Still hope!

Ah, thanks! I only remembered it being in the mid-late 20s of February. Well, any second now, folks!

I have no particular place to post this but I had to share somehow.... :P

I went to a "Queer and Now" late night and the V&A, I totally hadn't checked what events were on so imagine my excitement when it turned out there was a talk with Jack Halberstam. Why did I not apply to USC? Only an hour and my head was buzzing!

I have no particular place to post this but I had to share somehow.... :P

I went to a "Queer and Now" late night and the V&A, I totally hadn't checked what events were on so imagine my excitement when it turned out there was a talk with Jack Halberstam. Why did I not apply to USC? Only an hour and my head was buzzing!

That's amazing! You lucky duck. I kind of hyperventilate every once in a while when I remember that I might possibly have the chance to take one of her classes!

That's amazing! You lucky duck. I kind of hyperventilate every once in a while when I remember that I might possibly have the chance to take one of her classes!

I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed that you'll get that opportunity!