New York and L.A. Theatre PhDs

roguesenna

Hey,

Thinking about my next cycle (if/when I get roundly rejected) and trying to decide what schools to add to the mix. I only applied to three this year and I want to increase my options by investigating a few more schools. However, my boyfriend (of 4 years, it's serious, but we don't have the money to get married yet) is in film and TV and can pretty much only work in NY or LA. Thus, I need to primarily locate schools that are within about an hour's commute of either of those two cities. So far I have:

NYU

Columbia

CUNY

UCLA

UC Berkley

UC Irvine

Anybody have any others to add?

Well the idea is that we could split the difference and live half way between Hollywood (where BF would mostly be working) and the school. Is it that far away that you think that's unrealistic?

[edit:] oh wow. Just looked it up again, don't know how I thought that was closer. It's definitely out of range. Thanks for the heads up. Santa Barbara might be worth it though. At least as a maybe.

[edit again!] I figured it out! At some point I got UC Berkely confused with UC Irvine. heheh oops.

Edited by roguesenna