NJ and PA schools

I'm applying to Clarion and East Stroudsburg, but haven't heard anything yet!

Yay another person applying to East Stroudsburg! They are my top choice.

I applied to East Stroudsburg, Seton Hall, Montclair, and William Paterson. I haven't heard anything yet. According to the results section Seton Hall lets their first round of people know at the beginning of March though!

Yay another person applying to East Stroudsburg! They are my top choice.

I applied to East Stroudsburg, Seton Hall, Montclair, and William Paterson. I haven't heard anything yet. According to the results section Seton Hall lets their first round of people know at the beginning of March though!

They are one of my top choices too!  After my second rejection today I'm really hoping for an acceptance soon lol.

They are one of my top choices too!  After my second rejection today I'm really hoping for an acceptance soon lol.

That's definitely understandable! I'll be crossing my fingers for you! I just really want to hear. I don't think we'll know from them until the middle of March unfortunately :/

That's definitely understandable! I'll be crossing my fingers for you! I just really want to hear. I don't think we'll know from them until the middle of March unfortunately :/

Thanks!  Yeah that's what I understood from then when they e-mailed us....the wait is too much to handle!

I saw today that someone was accepted to La Salle via mail. I am dying to know! I was really surprised how minimal effort their application process was, thankfully!

I saw today that someone was accepted to La Salle via mail. I am dying to know! I was really surprised how minimal effort their application process was, thankfully!

Ahh!  La Salle is one of my top choices!  Hopefully some good news in the mail soon..

Did anyone hear from Temple? I saw some people got acceptances, but my portal still reads "complete ready for review". Wondering if anyone knows anything about whether all the acceptances were sent out yet!

Did anyone hear from Temple? I saw some people got acceptances, but my portal still reads "complete ready for review". Wondering if anyone knows anything about whether all the acceptances were sent out yet!

My portal still says the same thing, too.  I'm hoping we'll get some clarity later this week.  If I remember correctly, last year Temple did three waves of acceptances about two weeks apart.  I'm not sure if they're doing the same thing this year or not, but hopefully we hear good news soon!

For those of you who heard from La Salle - congrats!  I haven't heard anything from them yet so I am a little anxious...do you mind sharing your stats?  Also , do colleges have more than one round of acceptances?  So just because one round already went out, there might be more acceptances going out later?

For those of you who heard from La Salle - congrats!  I haven't heard anything from them yet so I am a little anxious...do you mind sharing your stats?  Also , do colleges have more than one round of acceptances?  So just because one round already went out, there might be more acceptances going out later?

That's correct! I recently just found this out too and was a little frustrated. But remember, first round decisions include both acceptances AND rejections. So, it's better to not hear anything because that means you are still in the running!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know when some of the PA state schools will start notifying people? I have applied to Bloomsburg, Clarion, and Edinboro. None of which have notified applicants. I'm hoping to hear back from them soon since a decision needs to be made by April 15th!

I have heard from William Paterson and East Stroudsburg! Now I have to decide between the two. William Paterson's deadline is March 24th so I have less than a week to decide! Does anyone have any thoughts about which I should choose?

I'm a NJ resident but live closer to East Stroudsburg. The difference in tuition is not enough to make the decision (according to my calculations, it's actually cheaper to go to East Stroudsburg which is ridiculous!).

Did anyone apply to monmouth last year? I applied last year because they thought the program would be ready, but it wasn't. They told us that we would be listed as priority for waiting another year, does anyone know what this means- if anything at all? thank youuu!

@finjlsp - For WPU, March 24th?  I am still waiting to hear (and today is the 18th).  So I assume that depending on the "round" in which you're notified, if accepted, they give you two weeks to say either 'yes' or 'no'?  

@finjslp - For SHU, I overheard someone on campus today say they called Seton Hall asking about a notification timeline, and was told that notifications wouldn't go out until sometime in APRIL, maybe even late April.

For both schools - based on the "Submit your results" (Survey) link at TGC here, no one has heard from WPU since 3/12 (meaning, not this week); no one has heard from SHU yet, at all in 2014... both fit w/the above.

@finjlsp - For WPU, March 24th?  I am still waiting to hear (and today is the 18th).  So I assume that depending on the "round" in which you're notified, if accepted, they give you two weeks to say either 'yes' or 'no'?  

@finjslp - For SHU, I overheard someone on campus today say they called Seton Hall asking about a notification timeline, and was told that notifications wouldn't go out until sometime in APRIL, maybe even late April.

For both schools - based on the "Submit your results" (Survey) link at TGC here, no one has heard from WPU since 3/12 (meaning, not this week); no one has heard from SHU yet, at all in 2014... both fit w/the above.

That's what I'm assuming for WPU as well. That's such an early deadline though. It's hard to make an informed decision! I'm really leaning towards ESU but I'm still debating.

For SHU, that's so late! Last year notifications were sent out in the beginning of March. Oh well, it's the most expensive school so if I don't go there it will be okay haha.

Thank you for that information!

@finjslp -

WPU - Thanks so much for all the replies.  Looking at the calendar and then the 24th date you were given (and assuming others were given that deadline as well), it certainly looks to me that the next "round" won't happen until WPU gets a sense of whom is accepting their admissions offers from the 1st round, and how many openings they have left after that.  (Sigh).

ESU - I don't know much about East Stroudsburg by comparison, but those already accepted there, and having posted here on this site, seem pretty happy and stoked about it!  Also I didn't see any rejections posted from ESU yet (odd) but I did see a couple from WPU.  FWIW, USN ranks ESU slightly ahead of WPU (204 vs. 229).  http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-health-schools/pathology-rankings/page+9 (WPU is on page 10).

Seton Hall -  a another thread here with recent posts regarding what seems to be going on with SHU.  Grab a snickers, it's going to be awhile.

@ Greyhound -

WPU - That's what I'm thinking as well. Hopefully you will be in the next round! :)

ESU - It's interesting that they haven't sent any rejections yet! I'm pretty sure I will be accepting their offer. I'm going to the Accepted Students Day on March 28th to learn more.

SHU - Thanks for that link! It makes sense now that it's taking so long but I still have pretty much given up on them.