CUNY Hunter vs Columbia?

mintminutemen

Hey guys, so I've seen a ton of discussion between, if given the choice, attending Hunter or Columbia, but everyone tends to say to go to Hunter in the end because of cheaper tuition. I was wondering if anyone knows the difference between the actual programs? Hypothetically, if money wasn't an issue, long-shot I know, what would be the better program?

I've gotten into one officially. I started freaking out about Columbia so I sent them an email asking when decisions will be out to which they left me a voicemail saying "verrrrry unofficially it looks positive, so expect a positive response!" so taking that as a bit of a hint, lol.

Columbia has the reputation but Hunter is just as good school. Depends on who offers funding, if any. Hunter is a better option because tuition is only $8k a year roughly, versus private which is probably $30k or something.

I know they're both good programs but in what ways do the programs* differ? I know hunter is more clinical and Columbia more policy but it also has a clinical track just as hunter has policy. How do the two programs compare?

The supervisor for my undergrad internship went to Columbia and basically hated it.  Said it was unorganized, snobby, etc.  That's just based on her and another social worker's opinion though.

Columbia has always been my dream school particularly since I want to go in to policy... but honestly the more I hear and learn about Hunter the more I'm seeing what an excellent program they have and the more I'm drawn to it. So even if money wasn't an option it would be a hard decision. They're both great, but my gut instinct says Hunter because unfortunately I can't completely get into that dream world where money doesn't matter - haha!