Facebook discussion thread for women prospectives

Hypatience

Some other women from the forums and I currently have a message thread going on Facebook to share climate information about various schools and more generally help each other out with the decisions process. If you're a woman applicant and interested in having access or participating, please send me a private message and I will include you!

I'm wondering if you plan on sharing any insights or conclusions reached on the FB thread with the male audience here. I for one (I'm a man btw) would really appreciate it. I'd be very reluctant to accept an offer from a department with climate issues.

I think in the interest of it being a safe space, we're going to maintain confidentiality -- or at least, I personally wouldn't want to report the testimony of others here. 

But I do understand where you are coming from, and it's great to see men who are concerned with climate issues as well. I'm sure you'll be able to pick up a lot from the visits. Also, if you are vocal on these forums about wanting climate information about the schools you're looking at, chances are some people with firsthand information might reach out to you. 

I think in the interest of it being a safe space, we're going to maintain confidentiality -- or at least, I personally wouldn't want to report the testimony of others here. 

But I do understand where you are coming from, and it's great to see men who are concerned with climate issues as well. I'm sure you'll be able to pick up a lot from the visits. Also, if you are vocal on these forums about wanting climate information about the schools you're looking at, chances are some people with firsthand information might reach out to you. 

Cool, I understand. I hope the Facebook discussion is a fruitful one!

Some other women from the forums and I currently have a message thread going on Facebook to share climate information about various schools and more generally help each other out with the decisions process. If you're a woman applicant and interested in having access or participating, please send me a private message and I will include you!

I'd be interested in this. I'll message you once I figure out how to (sorry, I'm new to the forum).

Bumping the thread to say there are now around fifteen of us and that it has been invaluable so far -- if you're a lady lurking the forums, consider registering an account and messaging me to get in on this!