Fall 2015 Applicants

dr. t

Apologies for double post, but is anyone else just assuming Toronto won't take any students this year if they go on strike on Tuesday?

They'll be taking in students--at least on the department level. I think the decisions that we're all waiting for are just being tossed around at the grad school level.

Thanks Anna Leigh, looks like we won't have the chance to potentially be classmates at the University of Miami I got that rejection on Friday after a particularly bad day at work. Suffice to say, that night I put a dent in a nice bottle of scotch. At this point I just want to get in anywhere, but UVA would be a dream come true.

So I had set out today as the day that I chased Grad Admissions with regards to my applications and here is the info I've managed to get: rejections from Rutgers, CUNY and Columbia, all of whom have now completed their admissions process for a PhD History program. So if you're still awaiting reply like I was, I'm afraid that it's bad news. However NYU or CUNY haven't yet made final decisions on their applications so there is still hope!

Here's hoping there's better news for others this week...

NYU has made final decisions and has held the prospective student weekend already.  Sorry!

Bugger! It's fine, it's what I expected really but you can never be too optimistic...

I hear ya!  I'm hoping for a miracle with Harvard or UPenn.

Edited by Chiqui74

I hear ya!  I'm hoping for a miracle with Harvard or UPenn.

Is it true Upenn only considers those they interview? I've also heard nothing back from them but as I wasn't interviewed I've just been assuming it's a rejection for weeks now. 

Is it true Upenn only considers those they interview? I've also heard nothing back from them but as I wasn't interviewed I've just been assuming it's a rejection for weeks now.

I have no idea, but I wasn't interviewed either. I'm also assuming rejection.

Just rejected from Harvard too. I didn't get an email or letter. I randomly logged into my application and it said decision ready.

I logged in after seeing this post, and my rejection is up on the site too. It seems they've released the official results.

GMU most likely sent out rejections today too. I just got mine, though they accepted me for an MA, which I hadn't applied for. Not sure what to make of that.

Still waiting on NYU (presumed rejection), Chicago, UPenn, UNC-Chapel Hill, and Bryn Mawr. Just one acceptance would be nice...

Well pending Toronto sees something in me the other schools didn't or a slot opens at G'town I struck out this time round. Good luck to everybody on here, I think it's time I devoted my gradcafe time to looking for jobs. Maybe I'll do this again next year, haven't decided yet.

Now UPenn needs to get its schmidt together and send out rejections so I can make my acceptance in peace and move on.  I might not stick it out for Michigan, it's just too stressful, and I'm not even choose it over NYU.