Can someone explain Molloy College and it's Accreditation?

Hey, I saw a lot of admittances to Molloy College, I don't know too much about the school, but the only thing I do know is that it's not accredited but a candidate. I would have applied to this school but all I can think about is my former 90 year old professor wagging his finger at me every time I even think about applying to a non-accredited school. Is it that they might become accredited when the class of 2016 graduate?

Edited by LDadvocate

Can anyone tell me about the interview process at molloy college for speech language pathology, and about their graduate program? I would like to know more about the program?

Norma

they are in the accreditation process right now, you will still graduate with your degree if you go there!

If I don't get accepted this year, I'll definitely apply next year. I mean seriously, what's the deal with accreditation anyways, will ASHA not give us our licenses if its not accredited?

ALSO zball6986, how was the Brooklyn interview, did the graduate director interview you and was it a group interview? Did you feel rushed off since there might have been other applicants that had to be interviewed?(Gosh I hate group interviews, they remind me of new born puppies swarming to get their mother's milk instead it's just getting the spotlight with the interviewer..loll)

You'll still get your license if they're not accredited, as long as they're in candidacy. My current (undergrad) university just became accredited after holding candidacy for 5 years, which I think (and may be wrong) is how long their master's program has to be around and operating as candidates before they're officially accredited. But now we are :)

Now I'm wondering why my professor would embed in our heads not to go to a non-accredited schools? Are there any consequences taking courses at a non accredited. I agree with you mheroux, molloy will be reviewed again in 2015 bc their five years are up in 2016. Maybe they will be accredited in 2016.

If I don't get accepted this year, I'll definitely apply next year. I mean seriously, what's the deal with accreditation anyways, will ASHA not give us our licenses if its not accredited?

ALSO zball6986, how was the Brooklyn interview, did the graduate director interview you and was it a group interview? Did you feel rushed off since there might have been other applicants that had to be interviewed?(Gosh I hate group interviews, they remind me of new born puppies swarming to get their mother's milk instead it's just getting the spotlight with the interviewer..loll)

I have my brooklyn interview today! i think it is a group interview, not sure ill post again afterwards!