William Paterson Decisions

Sounds a bit crazy for them over there! Someone very reputable from Montclair told me that William Paterson is about to loose accreditation. I have no idea if that's true, but maybe all of this chaos is why she said that.

Anyway, hope they tell us soon!

I have not heard anything about them loosing their accreditation. I observed an SLP that has taught there in the past. She hasn't taught recently, but she was advising me about how good of a program it was and that I should definitely apply. Seems odd that she would say that if they were about to lose their accreditation.  

Regarding accreditation status of schools, I found this link:  http://www.asha.org/academic/accreditation/caaDecisions/

Very comprehensive list and updated < 2 weeks ago ... William Paterson is listed as having been RE-accredited December 1st 2013 (please correct me if I am reading this wrong).

So, as to whatever their issues are in turning the lights out on any status or outbound communications, who knows what's going on?  Maybe still partying from the good news back in December ...

Tried calling the right folks over there AGAIN today and still no one picks up the phone.  Amazing.

Regarding accreditation status of schools, I found this link:  http://www.asha.org/academic/accreditation/caaDecisions/

Very comprehensive list and updated < 2 weeks ago ... William Paterson is listed as having been RE-accredited December 1st 2013 (please correct me if I am reading this wrong).

So, as to whatever their issues are in turning the lights out on any status or outbound communications, who knows what's going on?  Maybe still partying from the good news back in December ...

Tried calling the right folks over there AGAIN today and still no one picks up the phone.  Amazing.

Just clicked on the link ... and yes they were definitely recently reaccreditted!

Also, which number are you calling? Everytime I call William Paterson I get an answer, so it's strange that you are having a lot of trouble.

Also, which number are you calling? Everytime I call William Paterson I get an answer, so it's strange that you are having a lot of trouble.

People do answer the main phone numbers and exchanges, but all information and questions about the CSD program are referred to people in that specific department, and they're the ones never answering their extensions (for one reason or another, I do understand how busy they must be, etc...).  All I want to do is ask one question actually ... would rather not leave a voice mail.

People do answer the main phone numbers and exchanges, but all information and questions about the CSD program are referred to people in that specific department, and they're the ones never answering their extensions (for one reason or another, I do understand how busy they must be, etc...).  All I want to do is ask one question actually ... would rather not leave a voice mail.

Hmm okay I see ... maybe try emailing Dr. Magaldi directly? I did that with a question and she responded within an hour of me sending it. 

As of Yesterday, WPU was still "processing apps", per someone who was able to speak to them on the phone...

Hs anyone been rejected from WPU yet (In that first "round" that seems to have went out March 10)

Edited by Greyhound111

@Helen1234, last October, WPU broke ground for a brand new building that will house CSD programs and others.  Here's the link with details: https://www.wpunj.edu/news/detail.dot?id=644abadc-c4ac-40f2-89cb-ea1ca36a7974

Some of my peers and I were talking about the various programs we're applying to, and I recalled hearing of this project, but no specifics, so I looked it up, & there it is ... I assume Graduate students would also use the new facility.  It says 2016 completion, so I also assume incoming Graduate students would be able to leverage the new location in the concluding semesters of their Graduate studies, assuming a Fall 2014 start.

I always love seeing universities invest in their programs like this... just makes me want to attend even more.

All - Does anyone know how many spots WPU reserves for their own students in the CSD Master's program?  The ASHA web site says their typical Graduate CSD class size (in a year) is 30.  Seton Hall shared the info on how many spots they held "for their own" over the phone with me when I called ... (for what its worth).

Edited by Greyhound111

WPU or Kean?  Got accepted to both- both look excellent.  Any thoughts on pre-reqs, cost, commute, quality education?  Thanks!

Both are good choices! I was also between these two and ended up choosing Kean. I did this because I had visited Kean and loved it. The faculty seemed knowledgeable, the clinic is brand new and beautiful, and the current graduate students seemed both professional and personable. I did not ever visit WPU, so it was hard for me to choose, but I heard that their clinic was not as "new". I doubt this matters too much, considering their graduate employment rate within a year of graduating has been 100% the past few years, but the speech pathologist I shadow said how a more high tech facility is something that will enhance your therapy greatly.

• 1 year later...