Changing your mind BEFORE the April 15th deadline?

kaleisi

What if you changed your mind before the April 15 deadline? Would that be okay?

Considering that schools often change their mind about (revoke) admissions offers all the time, I would imagine we would be well within our rights to change our mind before the deadline.

Considering that schools often change their mind about (revoke) admissions offers all the time, I would imagine we would be well within our rights to change our mind before the deadline.

I assume they would change their minds for a reason though..?

I really just want to make sure it wouldn't be seen as unprofessional or in bad form to change my mind before April 15th.

Actually as far as I know when you accept an offer, it is binding agreement. Like you said, if a school revokes admission, it is usually on grounds of something misrepresented, or misunderstood during the application.

I'm applying with the auspice of Fulbright-LASPAU and they have repeatedly advised me NOT to accept an offer until I am absolutely sure. I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think you can go back after you agree to accept. At least not without some sort of repercussions, or having to jump thru a bunch of hoops, and dodge a lot of red tape.

You can backsies until April 15th. It's only after that date that you need to get written approval from the school for it to be OK. It's in the document that comes up a lot in this subforum. :)

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use