2,500 applicants admitted ... just kidding

bakalamba

Ha, UCSD, my alma mater. I was attending UCSD when they sent acceptances to the 28,000 applicants. I remember seeing some - ahem - "not very studious" high school friends getting excited about their acceptance to UCSD, only to be told that it was in error.

During this application cycle, MIT's Mat Sci & Eng department accidentally sent acceptances to all of their graduate applicants. I didn't apply, but it was a bizarre time...

I guess it's more common than we think... and I have no idea why it happens so often. If hell freezes over and I get accepted to Stanford, I'm definitely waiting 24 hours before telling anyone.

I guess it's more common than we think... and I have no idea why it happens so often. If hell freezes over and I get accepted to Stanford, I'm definitely waiting 24 hours before telling anyone.

DH (the programmer) says it shouldn't be common, but simply put "people in tech screw things up, there's a reason [his program's] bug counter is over 16,000"