Officially freaking out...

Phoenix Rising

I'm not coping, I'm simply freaking out and agonizing over this situation. Slept 3 hours last night, and as you can see, I'm back up tonight at 2:30am.

I haven't made a decision on two schools that are equal in so many ways, but that have strong advantages/disadvantages that balance each other out. I think at this point, I am willing to flip a coin and call it a day. So tired of the stress. Good luck everyone else in our position.

I think at this point, I am willing to flip a coin and call it a day.

As I stay up freakishly late and wait to hear from a waitlist, I will be your proverbial coin, except with more than two options and no flipping required! I say... John Hopkins if you are fully funded there, and if not, University of MD.

Freaking out is an understatement. I think complete melt-down may be more appropriate. I decided, but I think I may have done so rashly, and now I think I may have made the worse mistake of my life. I picked a school where the advisor seemed not so enthused to have me because I was just so into her area of specialization and I am turning down a school that seemed to be jumping up and down to have me. Both seem hopefully about equal in rank (???) However the school I chose did give me a 4 yr university-wide fellowship, while the school that seemed less eager to have me gave me funding only at the very last second, presumably after another student turned them down. I just wanted to pick all of my schools... oh god..

As I stay up freakishly late and wait to hear from a waitlist, I will be your proverbial coin, except with more than two options and no flipping required! I say... John Hopkins if you are fully funded there, and if not, University of MD.

Just to let you know, I did choose Johns Hopkins, and I can't help but wonder how much my magical forum coin had to do with it while I was stressing out at two in the morning. Thanks. :-)

(But don't get me wrong, I did rationalize it, and emotionalize it, as well).

this made me smile.... seems like we all stress no matter what... having too many choices is as bad as having not enough.

Hope the buyer's remorse thing passes quickly :)

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use