Please help me choose!

USBound

Hello everyone!

I have been accepted to the MA in International Peace and Conflict Resolution program at the School of International Service, American University with a Dean's Research Assistantship Award and to the MA in International Studies program at Josef  Korbel School of International Studies, University of Denver with a merit scholarship.

I have been rejected by Georgetown University : MA Conflict Resolution

I have also been accepted to San Diego State University : MA Political Science

I had applied to only these 4 US universities for the FALL 2014 Cycle.

I am an International Student. I cannot choose between  SIS and Josef Korbel! Could you please tell me which would be  a better choice ? I'd like to work after completing my masters, which would you think give me better career prospects ?

Looking forward to your opinions!

I have no clue, but you might try cross-posting to your specific department thread. They might be more familiar with the schools and be able to give you better answers.

Hello everyone!

I have been accepted to the MA in International Peace and Conflict Resolution program at the School of International Service, American University with a Dean's Research Assistantship Award and to the MA in International Studies program at Josef  Korbel School of International Studies, University of Denver with a merit scholarship.

I have been rejected by Georgetown University : MA Conflict Resolution

I have also been accepted to San Diego State University : MA Political Science

I had applied to only these 4 US universities for the FALL 2014 Cycle.

I am an International Student. I cannot choose between  SIS and Josef Korbel! Could you please tell me which would be  a better choice ? I'd like to work after completing my masters, which would you think give me better career prospects ?

Looking forward to your opinions!

In terms of job prospects probably American U because it's in Washington DC. The networking + chances of finding a job in your area will be far higher! Denver as a city doesn't really have much to offer for an IR major. That being said, they look like they are focusing on different areas! Are you really ambivalent as to which you study?

In terms of job prospects probably American U because it's in Washington DC. The networking + chances of finding a job in your area will be far higher!

Seconded. I'm not in this kind of field, but I know of a lot of people who swear by going to DC to be successful in international / political studies. It really is for the job opportunities and networking.

Seconded. I'm not in this kind of field, but I know of a lot of people who swear by going to DC to be successful in international / political studies. It really is for the job opportunities and networking.

Thirded. All the top programs for IR are in DC, all the IR business is in DC, the federal government is in DC, all your major NGOs probably have reps there, etc. Basically if you want to go into politics of any kind, I wouldn't go anywhere else in the US. It would be sub-par in comparison. When I first started college I had considered my options as an IR/PS student and going to Washington is considered invaluable. I ended up deciding Art History was the better choice for me (I realized Political Science was about stats, and my field experience as an exit-poller turned me off a little) but for a good while I had a Poli-sci advisor. 

If you're basing it solely off of career options post-MA, American is the far superior choice. In this case, the city is half your education. 

Edited by m-ttl