Tulane MSW Fall 2014

Hey Guys,

I've already seen that one person on these forums has gotten into Tulane's School of Social Work for the MSW. I know they do rolling admissions. It's been a little over 3 weeks since I submitted my application. Has anyone else heard back from Tulane? And if so what was the time frame after your application was submitted? Thanks! 

-Maverick

There date to accept admission was March 7th. At least that's what it said on my acceptance letter. You may want to give them a call?

I submitted my application in mid-November, completed sometime in December (LOR writers dragged on) and was accepted via regular mail in mid-January. As much as I hated to do it, I declined my offer and will be going to a different school in the fall.

Good luck to ya! New Orleans is my favorite place in the world.

Well I know that Tulane does rolling admissions so that's the reason you found out earlier. The deadline for the application isn't technically until March 31st. I submitted my application Feb 1, but like you had LOR writers drag on so it wasn't completed until February 23rd. So it's been a little over 3 weeks since I submitted it. I gave them a call before I went down there for a service trip over spring break and left a voicemail for the person in charge of admissions but she never called back.

I knew they roll, but I didn't realize the deadline was so late. Especially given that they wanted my deposit so early. At any rate, it took them about a month to give me my decision. And that was around the Christmas/New Years holidays, too. But then again, they just took off for Mardi Gras, so they're probably in the same boat right now. That being said, did you call them during the Mardi Gras holiday? I had a lot of very prompt contact with them (via email, phone, and in person), so I'm quite surprised you can't get anyone on the phone. I think the woman I was talking to mostly was Mrs. Brown, but I'm not certain, and I'd hate to give you the wrong name, lol.

Called her today and she picked up. She said my file was actually on her desk at the moment and a decision had been made and I should be receiving a letter within the next week. That kind of scares me because I feel like if I had been accepted she might have just told me? But at least a decision is coming soon.

Ahh well thank you for the words of encouragement! Tulane is my number 1 choice so it's both exciting and nerve wrecking at the same time! After my five service trips there I've completely fallen in love with the city and the Lower 9th Ward where we do our work! After the phone call I went to the bar and got a few beers for the nerves! lol 

I went to LSU (which is in Baton Rouge) for undergrad, but I spent a lot of time in New Orleans (boyfriend lived there) and I adore the city. Actually, all of Louisiana is wonderful, so make sure you travel around! If you need help with places to go, things to see, where to live, etc, let me know. I'd move back in a heartbeat. I'm still struggling with my decision to turn down Tulane, but I try not to think about it, lol. I'll probably move back down there after I finish my MSW.. in Pennsylvania. Brrr.

Yeah that's why I'm hoping to get in. Love NOLA so much. And I'm sure you'll be fine! I'm from northern Virginia and did my undergrad at Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. You'll survive the cold!

Yeah I actually got my acceptance letter in the mail today! So I'm pretty excited! Did you get a financial aid package with your acceptance letter or at a later time because I received nothing about financial aid in the letter. Regardless I'm so pumped!

But if I submit the deposit with the letter of intent, like what if I were to get a full ride somewhere else after I find out my financial aid package? It won't come before I submit those things? 

EDIT: Wait what?! I thought you were set on Pennsylvania?!

Edited by LAKingsMaverick

But if I submit the deposit with the letter of intent, like what if I were to get a full ride somewhere else after I find out my financial aid package? It won't come before I submit those things? 

EDIT: Wait what?! I thought you were set on Pennsylvania?!

You'll lose your money...