Forever waiting for the acceptance email from universities

menty

I suppose I'm the only person in here who hasn't received any emails from the universities yet. It's quite stressful and making me really impatient. Honestly I've applied in November and still no news about anything yet. Should I be worried idk because the app status online says its still 'under review'.

Can somebody tell if they've been accepted to any of the following colleges for computer science

Johns Hopkins University

University of Florida

UCSD

Suny, stony Brook

Sjsu

Unlv

No worries! I have only heard back from one university and it was to notify me that I was wait listed (lol, more waiting)! It looks like UCSD just started sending out replies this past week, so I’m thinking they will contact you soon. Going through applications is such a tedious project I wouldn’t stress about not hearing back yet. Sometimes a lack of answer is a good sign that you made it past an instant rejection! Hang in there!

It's okay. I interviewed at two schools and have heard absolutely nothing from them. Everytime I check my application status, I either get sent back to my interview invitation or get the message "currently under review". The best part is Stony Brook (the under review one) sent me immigration papers to fill out, but I still don't know if I am in or not.

It's okay. I interviewed at two schools and have heard absolutely nothing from them. Everytime I check my application status, I either get sent back to my interview invitation or get the message "currently under review". The best part is Stony Brook (the under review one) sent me immigration papers to fill out, but I still don't know if I am in or not.

I got that email from Stony Brook too. It's asking me to file a request for the visa even though the admission isn't confirmed yet!

Most schools already had visit days so you could start to be a little worried. If I were you I would start thinking about a plan B (job applications, schools with different deadlines etc).

That being said, I haven't heard back from Johns Hopkins either. 

Edited by GermanStudent

I've only heard from two universities, and I'm pretty sure I only heard from the second one because I took the initiative and arranged a meeting with one of the professors (don't think this typically works though, and I have heard some people have had this blow up on them). Have to have an answer to the school I got accepted to by the 15th of April, and starting to wonder when the rest of the decisions will arrive, so I don't limit my options, but also don't keep the school on the hook for too long!

1 and 1 so far...here's to 50%!

I say still have some hope, I still have yet to hear from 5 schools (granted I'm EE) . . . I have mixed opinions of "visit days". I was invited to one back in February and they only thing hold up my application is finding funding for me and the other students because the department will not admit without funding. Then I apparently was not invited to another visit day to a university where I was accepted for PhD, but I know some masters students were ??? So yeah visit days, idk how I feel about them. But stay optimistic, its not over till the officially say no ! :)

Ya I know the feeling, I cant help but to check my email every 5 min.

So far I have had 5/10 schools get back to me, from both ends of the spectrum. I have been rejected from the best schools i applied to and got into the lowest ranked ones.

Still looking to see where I stand overall, though on the bright side I seem to be the only person who did not get a rejection letter from Columbia this week.  

Ya I know the feeling, I cant help but to check my email every 5 min.

So far I have had 5/10 schools get back to me, from both ends of the spectrum. I have been rejected from the best schools i applied to and got into the lowest ranked ones.

Still looking to see where I stand overall, though on the bright side I seem to be the only person who did not get a rejection letter from Columbia this week.  

You ever get the feeling schools are like "we don't want to reject you, but at the same time we don't want to accept you just yet. Lets just keep their status pending and not tell them they are sorta on a secret waitlist"

Exactly, at this point I just want to know what the decision is/what the status is. Accepted/rejected/or wait listed.

The longer wait is making the possible rejection even worse!

I have heard back from schools whose due dates where in February, where the schools that I had to submit apps by early December haven't said a word....

Edited by VisionProc

Exactly, at this point I just want to know what the decision is/what the status is. Accepted/rejected/or wait listed.

The longer wait is making the possible rejection even worse!

I have heard back from schools whose due dates where in February, where the schools that I had to submit apps by early December haven't said a word....

Right there with you. If you have had my application materials since mid-December and another school has only had my materials since mid-January, and they beat you to the punch then you might be doing something wrong.

Right there with you. If you have had my application materials since mid-December and another school has only had my materials since mid-January, and they beat you to the punch then you might be doing something wrong.

but at the same time in my head I'm like no, you take your time and admit me...please admit me...I wasnt an instant rejection so please ?

I visited University of Florida. And they gave out a lot of their good fellowships to those people who visited which was around 13ish or so. You may have been waitlisted there. I do not plan on accepting my offer so who knows.

You ever get the feeling schools are like "we don't want to reject you, but at the same time we don't want to accept you just yet. Lets just keep their status pending and not tell them they are sorta on a secret waitlist"

When you hear about an "implicit waitlist" on this forum, this is exactly what it's referring to! :)

EDIT: When this happens, you can ask the program about your application status. They might let you know. You can turn that "implicit" into an "explicit"! :D

Edited by PhDerp

When you hear about an "implicit waitlist" on this forum, this is exactly what it's referring to! :)

EDIT: When this happens, you can ask the program about your application status. They might let you know. You can turn that "implicit" into an "explicit"! :D

Yeah, I asked the departments but I was just given the generic you should hear back by April 15th, if not please contact us again.