Adelphi - Manhattan Center

I was! I'm also curious to know what people have heard about the program. I know Adelphi in general has a very good reputation, but I don't know specifics about the Manhattan Center. I toured the Hy Weinberg Center last week and the grad student I spoke with attends GC for classes so she couldn't tell me much. It's a beautiful facility though  :)

I was! I'm also curious to know what people have heard about the program. I know Adelphi in general has a very good reputation, but I don't know specifics about the Manhattan Center. I toured the Hy Weinberg Center last week and the grad student I spoke with attends GC for classes so she couldn't tell me much. It's a beautiful facility though  :)

I haven't been able to tour Adelphi so I'm glad you liked the facility! I was under the assumption that we would only have to attend classes on Sundays at the Manhattan Center but a poster in another forum said that during the week you have to attend on-campus clinicals on Long Island. If this is true then I'm not sure it would be worth the commute to Long Island for me. 

I'm pretty sure all of our classes would be at the Manhattan Center.  In-house practica and clinical seminars would be at the HWC. But someone who already graduated told me the seminars are only about once a month. Are you from the city? 

I haven't been able to tour Adelphi so I'm glad you liked the facility! I was under the assumption that we would only have to attend classes on Sundays at the Manhattan Center but a poster in another forum said that during the week you have to attend on-campus clinicals on Long Island. If this is true then I'm not sure it would be worth the commute to Long Island for me.

Before applying to Adelphi, Manhattan Campus, one of the graduate admission advisors informed me that you will have to travel to Garden City campus 2-3 times a week to work on your clinical placements. So, you will need to travel out to Long Island a few times during the week regardless doing Sunday classes at the city. This is one of the reasons why I didn't apply to the Manhattan campus. Hopefully this help!!

Before applying to Adelphi, Manhattan Campus, one of the graduate admission advisors informed me that you will have to travel to Garden City campus 2-3 times a week to work on your clinical placements. So, you will need to travel out to Long Island a few times during the week regardless doing Sunday classes at the city. This is one of the reasons why I didn't apply to the Manhattan campus. Hopefully this help!!

Thanks for sharing!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to the Manhattan Center. I'm from the Bronx and I don't know much about the traveling to Long Island yet but I'm fine with it. I went to LIU Post for my first bachelors. If it's twice a week I don't care. I'm excited for this opportunity! I will tell more as I find out.

I will be  :)  I'm from Brooklyn and the commute out to GC is not bad (without traffic that is). Planning on checking out the Manhattan Center on Sunday. 

Why do so many people think the Manhattan Center is only for Sunday school? I applied without interest in that program but it doesn't sound like many people going had the same idea of going M-F. Are all of you Sunday attendees? And have any of you registered with your advisor yet?

On Adelphi's website (http://catalog.adelphi.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=3&poid=1025&returnto=166) it says that the speech program at the Manhattan Center is a Sunday program. The M-F program is offered at Garden City and the Sunday program is offered at Garden City and the Manhattan Center. I also observed a speech-language pathologist who attended the Manhattan Center and explained to me that all the classes are on Sundays. Hope this helps :)