Is this good news?

Juanmihd

Hello guys,

I am a Spanish guy that have applied to 4 colleges in California for this Fall 2014 term. I haven't received yet any confirmation or rejections letter...

BUT, I have received the next e-mail saying:

We believe you have a very strong application and would like to let you know that your application is still under review. 
You will have a final decision from us in the next 2-3 weeks.

They wrote me two weeks ago, so, the answer, will be imminent?

Are those good news? Or just being polite?

It's an application for an Phd in Computer Science, so I am really enthusiastic with the outcome... but... The fact that I haven't received no confirmation/rejection yet is kind of stressing!

Thanks for all possible interpretations!!!

Greetings from Spain!

Hi! I believe that's just them being polite and try to update you about the status of your application unfortunately :/ you can check the result page and see if anyone got into your program(s) to get an idea. Good luck!

Don't assume anything until you have an official decision.  In my experience, feedback & contact, both positive or negative, can be misleading.  Just wait and see.  It sounds like they are trying to be nice and let you know they are still reviewing applications.  Anything other than an admission decision should be taken with a grain of salt.