McGill MEd Educational Psychology

COGSCI

Same situation... Out of curiosity, what are all your plans for this MEd in Educational Psychology? I've been having a dilemma whether this can be a stepping stone for clinical psychology or something more than just a teacher (which is what the support staff told me what this is usually applied for). I love working with children and in school settings, private tutor center for students with learning disabilities or psychological issues but I'm not sure if Educational Psychology can provide me with that, can they? ( I apologize if this is the wrong sub forum to post!)

Same situation... Out of curiosity, what are all your plans for this MEd in Educational Psychology? I've been having a dilemma whether this can be a stepping stone for clinical psychology or something more than just a teacher (which is what the support staff told me what this is usually applied for). I love working with children and in school settings, private tutor center for students with learning disabilities or psychological issues but I'm not sure if Educational Psychology can provide me with that, can they? ( I apologize if this is the wrong sub forum to post!)

In some provinces, you only need master's degree to practice as a psychologist. If you take all the required courses suggested by the regulatory group of each province, you would be able to qualify as an educational psychologist. 

That was my original plan but I STILL HAVE NO IDEA IF I GOT IN OR NOT. Today was supposed to be the decision day.... what is happening :s 

This wait is extremely painful, especially since I just found out that I've either been rejected or waitlisted into the MA Counselling.

Hang in there we just need to hold our breath for another week. 

I applied to the MEd general project concentration. Expecting another rejection letter (just received my refusal for the MA counselling internship stream). Disappointed.

Congrats! ME TOO. I just received an email from the coordinator stating that they are unable to accept me into the project stream as they have no professors able to supervise my research, However, due to the strength of my application they are willing to recommend me for the non-project general stream. I know it's unofficial but I'm so excited!

Congrats! ME TOO. I just received an email from the coordinator stating that they are unable to accept me into the project stream as they have no professors able to supervise my research, However, due to the strength of my application they are willing to recommend me for the non-project general stream. I know it's unofficial but I'm so excited!

This is amazing !! congratssss 

For those not getting their letter, I'm sure they're waiting for others to reject the offer to offer to other students. I got another letter from the Learning Science concentration but I'm not sure which to go because all 3 concentrations (Learning Sciences, General Education: Project, Inclusive Science:Project) touch on similar things and are all really interesting. I'll drop the other two once I konw and hopefully other people will get the seat (I'm sorry!)!! Does anyone know the 'fundamental' difference between these? I've read the website over and over again and I'm still confused (All the courses sound interesting...)